The set was first revealed in October 2017 as a Toys "R" Us exclusive. However, only the month before, Toys "R" Us filed for bankruptcy - making it very difficult for people to obtain the set. It was reportedly out for a short period of time, partly due to being a Bricktober exclusive and also being limited to Toys "R" Us.
The collection remains one of Ninjago's rarest sets, due to being out for such a short time because of Toys "R" Us's liquidation. Though the set originally retailed for $20, sellers on sites such as BrickLink typically sell it for no less than $30, and on eBay it's sold for no less than $40. Rarely can the set can be purchased for its original $20 price.
- All the minifigures wield weapons that they were never seen using in the show.
- Each of the set's minifigures were introduced in a different season. Golden Kai was introduced in season three, Neuro in season four, the White Nindroid in season six, and Young Krux in season seven.
- All the minifigures are also exclusive. The White Nindroid is a redeco of Cryptor, while Krux's armor bears great resemblance to his original minifigure. Neuro and Kai have original printing that doesn't bear resemblance to other figures.
- This is also the only set to include any variations of Neuro and the White Nindroid, as Krux and Kai have appeared in other sets (albeit with different appearances).
- According to Brickset, this set is the worst value for the amount of pieces out of any Ninjago set. Similar sets, such as two accessory packs, have cost far less while having the same (or more) number of pieces. Even worse, the set's rareness has only heightened its prices.