70593 The Green NRG Dragon is a LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Skybound set that released in most countries on June 1, 2016, but on August 1st, 2016 in the United States and Canada as a part of the Day of the Departed set wave. It includes Destiny Lloyd, Destiny Ghost Cole, Bucko, Cyren, Battle Doubloon, the Djinn Blade with Kai, the Energy Dragon, a small outpost, and a rolling catapult.
Place Green Ninja Lloyd on the saddle, grab the chain reins and launch into the air. Flap the Green NRG Dragon's huge wings to fly high and attack the sky pirates' lookout tower with its snapping mouth and dangerous talons. Swerve through the air to avoid shots from the pirates' mobile catapult and fire back with the stud shooters in the dragon's tail. Team up with Ghost Cole to triumph over Battle Doubloon and his crewmates and claim the Djinn Blade!
- Includes 5 minifigures: Lloyd in Skybound outfit, Ghost Cole in Skybound outfit, Bucko, Cyren and Battle Doubloon.
- Lloyd's Green NRG Dragon features a saddle for Lloyd, golden chain-style reins, posable head with translucent orange eye elements and snapping mouth, foldable printed textile wings with spike details, posable legs, talons, and posable split tail with 2 stud shooters.
- The sky pirates' lookout tower has a flag, hidden barrel with 2 golden coin elements, and a campfire with a translucent flame element.
- The sky pirates' catapult includes 3 turning wheels and 4 round 2x2 LEGO® bricks for ammunition.
- Weapons include Cole's golden sword, the sky pirates' sword, standard sword, spear and the Djinn Blade.
- Includes a lantern accessory element.
- Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO™: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 8-14.
- The Green NRG Dragon measures over 5” (15cm) high, 14” (37cm) long and8” (21cm) wide with folded wings, and 22” (57cm) wide with unfolded wings.
- The sky pirates' catapult measures over 3” (10cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 4” (11cm) wide.
- The sky pirates' lookout tower measures over 4” (12cm) high, 1” (5cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide
"A lot for first with this one, first time we in Ninjago have A dragon with brick build fouldable wings, I belive it is first time the bigfig arms have been used for somthing else than bigfig arms, and this is my first dragon/creature build. I had a lot of different builds, some more obscure than others. In the final design I used long time to get the wings just right so that you are able to have them fold in and out. The dragon is inspired of wyvern's that is a dragon with two legs and have a more bird looking silhouette."
- This set and 70604 Tiger Widow Island are the only sets to include Cole's ghost minifigure.
- This is the second time a power dragon of Lloyd's has been released in a set, after 70503 The Golden Dragon in 2013.
- The mobile catapult in this set never appears in the TV show.
- This set is one of three Skybound sets to release as a part of the Day of the Departed set wave, the others being 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout and 70594 The Lighthouse Siege.
- The "NRG" in the set name references the ninja's NRG variants from 2012. It is also a reference to Energy, Lloyd's element.