70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon is a set based on the 2017 film, The LEGO Ninjago Movie. It includes Ninja Force Lloyd, Master Wu, Lord Garmadon, a Shark Army Gunner named Charlie, the Ultimate Weapon, and the Green Ninja Mech Dragon.
Outwit The Green Ninja’s evil father Garmadon with this mighty THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ mech. The Green Ninja Mech Dragon features articulated snapping jaws, a fully posable body, wheel-activated swooshing tail, 2 leg-mounted stud shooters and 2 hidden pop-out thrusters. This set includes 4 minifigures with assorted weapons—including The Green Ninja’s sword and Garmadon’s laser-style pointer—to offer even more role-play battle possibilities.
- Includes 4 minifigures: The Green Ninja, Wu, Garmadon and Charlie.
- Green Ninja Mech Dragon features a minifigure cockpit, articulated snapping jaws, fully posable body, wheel-activated swooshing tail with spikes, 2 leg-mounted stud shooters, 2 hidden pop-out thrusters in the front legs, and gold-colored details.
- Weapons include The Green Ninja's tasseled sword, Wu's staff, Garmadon's laser-style pointer, and 2 katanas, and Charlie's fish spear.
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO®NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
- Green Ninja Mech Dragon measures over 5” (13cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
"I worked a lot on the development of Lloyd's Green dragon, right back from when it started as a living dragon that Lloyd had tamed. Together with element designer Daniel Sudarsono, we designed two new elements for the dragon's head, which would work at different scales for the film and set dragons. I suggested using iconic details like the Golden bananas to help tie the two dragons together. Who doesn't love Gold bananas?
Later into development I needed to focus on Ninjago City, so Michael Svane Knap did all the real work to make this dragon into a final LEGO set! I think he did a really good job."
"The dragon was maybe one of the models of the movie line that was under construction for the longest time.
From the start Nick Vas put in a massive work to flush out the design and create a great starting point for me to work with.
After taking over the model it it went through a big rebuild but kept the essence of the work Nick established.
Because we knew the dragon would have a big role in the Movie we wanted it make sure every thing was perfect, this also led to five different radical color changes of the dragons main colors. In the end we settled with the sand green and gold as the main colors."
- This is Lloyd's third dragon set, the first two being 70503 The Golden Dragon and 70593 The Green NRG Dragon.
- This set version of Lloyd's dragon is less detailed and complex than how it appears in the film. It is also much smaller than the movie version.
- For example, it lacks its 'head missiles' from the movie.
- By lacking wings, the dragon sets itself apart from Ninjago's other dragons. It's similar to the Earth Dragon, one of the series' first dragons which also lacked wings in the set form (but not the TV show).
- It is the second Mech Dragon to be released as a set, after 70725 Nindroid MechDragon, but it is the first to have jets on the side as opposed to wings.
- In some LEGO catalogs, Lloyd is only referred to as "the Green Ninja," possibly due to it being a "mystery" on who he is in the movie.
- This is the only set to include Garmadon's cape though he wears it throughout the film.
- The stud shooters on the legs of the set version are absent in the film.