70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon is a set released on August 1, 2017, based on its appearance in the film, The LEGO Ninjago Movie. It includes Lloyd, Kai, Nya, Zane, Cole, and Jay in their Ninja Force gis without masks, Jungle Garmadon, two temple guardians, and the Temple of Fragile Foundations.
Evade the traps inside the Temple!
Join a ninja mission to infiltrate THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ Temple of The Ultimate Ultimate Weapon. The temple features a secret entrance, trapdoor function, rock-dropping, and dynamite-dropping functions, blade-shooting and chopping-sword traps, dungeon, a hanging cage to capture a minifigure inside, and a pull-out section with poles for minifigures to leap between to reach the treasure chest. This set includes 7 minifigures with assorted weapons and 2 buildable temple guardian figures for endless action role-play fun.
- Build your own Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, featuring trapdoor, rock-dropping and dynamite-dropping functions, a dungeon with a secret entrance/escape route, library, storage room, two attic rooms, hanging cage and much more!
- Featured in THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE
- Includes 7 minfigures: Kai, Nya, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Jay and Jungle Garmadon with four arms and new jungle outfit decoration, plus two buildable temple guardian figures
- LEGO NINJAGO brick building toys are compatible with all other LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon measures over 19” tall, 14” wide and 11” deep. Temple guardians stand over 3” tall
- 1403 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 14 years old
"The Temple went through several stages before settling on the final design. Because the temple does not appear before the final act of the movie it made the development of the set very hard.
In the end the aim was to make a set that was loaded with small traps and play features but at the same time would look great on the shelf.
As a small side note, the golden pieces in the chest was originally thought as the Ultimate Ultimate weapon. When I designed the set the story of the movie was that Wu would reveal that if was Cornflakes in the temple that they would use as weapon. I put in the golden flower element with the intention to make them look like cornflakes, however there was an chance that they will be written out and they did, so now they are just fancy golden flowers in a crate.
The design of the dogs came together as a collaboration of the hole team, and i took the best parts and put it in to the two guards.
There are a couple of small Easter eggs hidden in the set, the most obius one is the statue, it have a name tag that goes with it, on the name tag it says "Master Knap". Another fun fact is that in the set there is skeleton parts scatted all over the building, if you take the hands from the hanging prison, the torso from the basement, the skeleton foot under the pillars and the head from the sword room you will be able to assemble a full skeleton."
- The temple guardians did appear in the film. But, they were merely statues and didn’t come to life.
- The temple is called the Temple of Fragile Foundations in the film.
- The booby traps never appeared in the film.
- The pieces of a complete LEGO skeleton are scattered around the temple. Their locations are as follows:
- A head is on the left side of the second floor, next to the golden katana.
- An arm is clipped onto the bone cage.
- A leg is on the rod that protrudes when the trapdoor is activated.
- Another leg, another arm, and the torso are in the dungeons.
- This is the second Ninjago set to feature all six Ninja, followed by 70618 Destiny's Bounty in the same wave. The first is 70751 Temple of Airjitzu. 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu would later become the fourth, 71705 Destiny's Bounty the fifth and 71741 Ninjago City Gardens the sixth.
- This is the first set to include all of the ninja hairpieces.
- Zane's head print is exclusive to this set.
- Instead of the Weapons, six golden flowers in a box are included in the set. One flower may represent one Weapon.
- Also, the box is larger as well.
- The set has stickered pictures of Wu and Garmadon as infants.
- However, the picture of Garmadon and Misako in the film is absent in the set.
- A statue is included within the temple of someone labeled "Master Knap". The statue is built using the head of Yang's students (specifically Chris and Martin), a Vermillion helmet, and armor.
- The doormat that says "The Garmadons" is missing in this set.