70626 Dawn of Iron Doom is a LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - The Hands of Time set released on January 1, 2017. It includes Fusion Jay, Master Wu, Fusion Lloyd, Acronix, Krux, Commander Blunck, all four Time Blades, and the Iron Doom.
Take on the sinister Snake Mech with Lloyd and Jay!
Join Lloyd and Jay’s mission to free Master Wu and stop the Time Twins taking control of time in this Dawn of Iron Doom set, which includes the highly posable Snake Mech with wheel-operated spinning Time Portal and plug-in points for the four included translucent-colored Time Blades, a missile-shooting eye and two big detachable blade weapons. The Vermillion swamp fort has an egg-drop function and opening prison, and can be built in different ways for alternative layouts. Includes six minifigures with assorted weapons to intensify the role-play battles.
- Build a snake mech with missile-shooting eyes, a swishing tail, and a spinning time portal
- Includes Master Wu, Lloyd and Jay minfigures, plus Acronix, Krux and Commander Blunck with LEGO element katana
- Snake mech stands over 9” tall and swamp fort measures over 7” high, 7” wide and 4” deep
- LEGO NINJAGO building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Featured in the hit TV series LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu.
- 704 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 14 years old
"During the early stages, I explored the look of the swamp and the Vermillion colour scheme / aesthetic. I suggested the half snake element, so that we could build snakes into the Vermillion soldiers and their vehicles. Leo made the final Iron Doom mech, which ties the faction together as a whole."
- This is the only Hands of Time set to feature all four Time Blades. This makes it the first Ninjago set since 70505 Temple of Light where all of a season's collectible items are included in a single set and the third overall as the first was 2507 Fire Temple.
- Master Wu's outfit in this set is the same as his outfit in 70596 Samurai X Cave Chaos, with the exception of the rice hat being a light sand color instead of gold.
- The Time Twins' names are mislabeled on the box, with both siblings switching names. Both minifigures are also exclusive to this set and come with hoods and a hairpiece.
- The 2017 Bricktober pack names the younger version of Krux correctly, making this error a one-off.
- This is the first set to feature Lloyd, Jay, and Wu in the same set since 9450 Epic Dragon Battle.
- Next to the main Ninjago logo, Kai and Nya's faces are shown. However, Kai's hood piece is red and black, whereas in other sets it is red and maroon.
- The LEGO.com description refers to the time apparatus as a "time portal." However, the actual portal is the temporal vortex.
- Lloyd's vehicle is not mentioned in the LEGO.com description, nor does it appear in the show.
- In the show, the Time Blades are plugged in. However, in this set, they're clipped on LEGO clip pieces.
- This set can be combined with 70621 The Vermillion Attack.
- While Jay and Lloyd’s Fusion suits appear in 70622 Desert Lightning and 70623 Destiny's Shadow respectively, this is the only set to include them with shoulder armor.
- The Iron Doom made its first appearance in "Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea."