70643 Temple of Resurrection is a LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Sons of Garmadon set that was released on January 1, 2018. It includes Resistance Lloyd, Resistance Cole, Jade Princess Harumi, Hutchins, Mr. E, Chopper Maroon, Baby Wu, Lord Garmadon, the Oni Masks of Hatred, Deception, and Vengeance, and the Temple of Resurrection.
Help the ninja protect the Temple of Resurrection and prevent Lord Garmadon’s rebirth with this highly detailed LEGO® NINJAGO® set. The temple features an entrance gangway, opening walls, spider prison, revolving walls with hidden Oni masks and 2 trapdoor functions. Activate the roof's good-to-evil transformation function to reveal Lord Garmadon's resurrection chamber. This construction toy also includes 7 minifigures—and a ‘mysterious baby' element—to role-play battle scenes between the ninja and the Sons of Garmadon.
- Includes 7 minifigures: Cole, Lloyd, Harumi, Hutchins, Mr. E, Chopper Maroon and Lord Garmadon, plus a ‘mysterious baby’ element.
- Temple of Resurrection features 2 levels, a roof with good-to-evil transformation function and Lord Garmadon’s resurrection chamber.
- Lower level has blue water-style baseplates, reed elements, an entrance gangway, opening walls, buildable skeleton, opening minifigure-sized spider prison with spider element, crate with spear, sai, sword and kendo mask, plus 2 exterior flag elements.
- Upper level has a balcony with railings, 2 exterior lantern-style decorations, the 3 Oni masks—the Mask of Hatred, Mask of Deception and Mask of Vengeance—with 2 of the masks hidden behind revolving walls, and 2 trapdoor functions.
- Activate the good-to-evil roof transformation function to give the temple an evil facade and reveal Lord Garmadon's resurrection chamber with a plinth for the Lord Garmadon minifigure, plus 2 translucent flame elements.
- Weapons include Cole’s hammer and 2 katanas, Lloyd’s sword and 2 katanas, Hutchins’ stick, Mr. E’s 2 katanas and Chopper Maroon’s katana and wrench.
- Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO® Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This construction toy is suitable for ages 7-14.
- Measures over 10” (26cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep.
- Resistance Cole with armor, Harumi in her "Jade Princess" attire, Hutchins, and baby Wu are all found exclusively in this set.
- This version of Chopper Maroon is also exclusive to this set, though his appearance is very similar to Nails.
- The set comes with a kendo training helmet, which was previously used in sets for the first season.
- This is the only Sons of Garmadon set to include all three Oni Masks, and the fourth set overall to contain all of the collectible items of a season altogether, the first three being 2507 Fire Temple, 70505 Temple of Light, and 70626 Dawn of Iron Doom.
- This is the first set to include Garmadon in his "lord" form since 2013 and the first overall to include Garmadon since 2015. Like the ninja featured in this wave, Garmadon's form is heavily inspired by his appearance in The LEGO Ninjago Movie.
- Hutchins appears in the set despite being deceased at the time the Temple of Resurrection was first used.
- This set is first seen in "The Jade Princess" as the Royal Palace but is not used as the Temple of Resurrection until "Dread on Arrival."
- This set is very similar to 70678 Castle of the Forsaken Emperor. Both have Lloyd and Cole as the only ninja, a non-ninja protagonist, the main antagonist, someone manipulated by the main antagonist, and two other antagonists. They also have a building that has a 'reveal function' of an emperor.
- The masks are arranged in a horizontal line instead of a triangular shape, as the ceremony is performed in the show.
- Garmadon exits from the roof instead of a pedestal, which is how he does in the show.
- In the product animation, Harumi and Hutchins are seen fighting the ninja, spoiling Harumi's true identity.
- In the picture, which shows the functions of the set, Garmadon has a different look than the included minifigure. He has a different face printing, a purple belt and the same upper torso as Kozu or Nadakhan. This is probably the original design of the minifigure.
- Included in this set is the Baby Wu minifigure, whose identity is not revealed and this is referred to as the mysterious baby in the description of the set. Unlike all other released babies as LEGO figures, Baby Wu does not have a classic piece of baby's body, but two connected studs. This is probably so that it can be put in the backpack that Cole has on his back.