70653 Firstbourne is a LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu set and was released on June 1, 2018 in most countries and August 1, 2018 in the United States and Canada. It includes Hunted Kai, Hunted Cole, Heavy Metal, Chew Toy, Jet Jack, Muzzle, Firstbourne, a Hunter Copter, the Dragonbone Blade and a small pedestal holding the Dragon Helmet and the Dragon Shield.
Repel the Dragon Hunters’ HunterCopter attacks on Firstbourne with ninja warriors Cole and Kai and claim the Dragon Armor. The highly posable LEGO® NINJAGO® 70653 Firstbourne dragon features a removable minifigure saddle, plus flapping wings and swiping tail functions. The HunterCopter has stud shooters and Vengestone Chain element to lower minifigures, attach to Firstbourne or lower the cooked turkey element as dragon bait. This set also includes a pedestal to hold 2 collectible Dragon Armor elements—the Dragon Helmet and Dragon Chestplate—plus 6 LEGO NINJAGO minifigures with assorted weapons.
- Includes 6 LEGO® NINJAGO® minifigures: Kai, Cole, Heavy Metal, Jet Jack, Chew Toy and Muzzle.
- Firstbourne the dragon features a removable minifigure saddle with attached rein elements; decorated and foldable foil wings with flapping function; posable jaws, neck, legs and feet; and a swiping tail function.
- HunterCopter helicopter toy features a minifigure cockpit, rotor-spinning function, 2 stud shooters and a Vengestone Chain element.
- Use the Vengestone Chain to lower a minifigure onto Firstbourne, grab and pull the dragon, or to lower the cooked turkey element as dragon bait.
- Pedestal features detachable Dragon Armor elements: the Dragon Helmet and Dragon Chestplate.
- Weapons include Kai’s collectible Dragonbone Blade and 2 tantos, Cole's hammer, Heavy Metal's Vengestone Chain Rifle, Jet Jack's buildable blade and Muzzle's 2 buildable katanas.
- Accessory elements include Jet Jack's jetpack, Chew Toy's shield and cooked turkey leg, plus a cooked turkey (minus one leg!).
- Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO® Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Find more collectible Dragon Armor in 70650 Destiny’s Wing, 70652 Stormbringer, 70654 Dieselnaut and 70655 Dragon Pit.
- Firstbourne measures over 7” (19cm) high, 20” (53cm) long and 18” (48cm) wide.
- HunterCopter measures over 4” (11cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- The Firstbourne is mentioned in this set as "the mother of all Dragons," as she is in the series.
- The dragon seemingly shares the same tail function as the 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon, in which the tail can sway back and forth by way of technic function.
- This set is first seen in Episode 88—"How to Build a Dragon."
- Despite riding Firstbourne in the set, Kai is never seen doing so in the show - instead, Wu rides Firstbourne while wearing the Dragon Armor. Kai was likely included to hide the twist of Wu being the one to fly Firstbourne and his red robes match Firstbourne's color scheme.
- This was the cheapest way to get the Hunted Cole, Heavy Metal and Chew Toy minifigures.
- The Cole minifigure in this set, however, has a gold logo on the bandana, as opposed to the orange logo that Cole's Hunted variant sports in the series and 70655 The Dragon Pit.