70658 Oni Titan is a Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Hunted set released on June 1, 2018, in most countries and on August 1, 2018, in America and Canada. It includes Hunted Lloyd with a flag on his back, unmasked Hunted Nya, Reborn Garmadon, Quiet One Harumi, and Garmadon's Colossus.
Help our ninja heroes rid NINJAGO® City of evil Lord Garmadon and the huge LEGO® NINJAGO 70658 Oni Titan. The highly posable Titan features disc shooters and huge katanas that it can grip in its hands. This set also includes 4 LEGO NINJAGO minifigures with assorted weapons—including Nya's double scythe and Lord Garmadon's buildable katanas—to inspire countless role-play battles.
- Includes 4 LEGO® NINJAGO® minifigures: Lloyd, Nya, Lord Garmadon and Harumi.
- Oni Titan features posable arms and legs, gripping hands, a disc shooter on each arm and a holster with 2 big katanas.
- Weapons include Lloyd’s sword, Nya’s double scythe, Lord Garmadon's 2 buildable katanas and 2 buildable spears, and Harumi's 2 katanas.
- Also includes Lloyd's buildable flag.
- Recreate and role-play epic ninja action scenes from the NINJAGO® Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Measures over 9” (25cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.
"This was my first "mech" I build. I wanted to play with odd proportions to give a sense off scale in the model. In the show, this is a giant stone colossus and the challenge was how to capture that in the product.
The model was created in parallel with the writers finishing up the story for the season finale where it appears. This gave an opportunity to have a close collaboration with the writers of how they were seeing it and how they want to use it. we went through many different looks, somewhere closer to the Oni silhouette with giant horns and somewhere more human-like."
- The Oni Titan bears a slight resemblance to the Golden Mech in 70505 Temple of Light. The mech has a large disk at the top of it, and has the same sword as the Oni Titan, only in gold.
- This is the first Ninjago set based on an object from a previous season. The Colossus appeared in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago," the last episode of Season 8, and it returns in Season 9.
- This is because it is one of the sets to be based on the show as opposed to the other way around.
- Michael Knap had initially pitched for the set design to have an appearance similar to a troll or Oni.
- This is one of two Season 9 sets not to take place in the Realm of Oni and Dragons or have Dragon Armor pieces, the other set being 70651 Throne Room Showdown.
- This is the second set to feature Lord Garmadon’s resurrected form, the first being 70643 Temple of Resurrection.
- Nya seems to get a new weapon in this set, which resembles her throwing star she used as Samurai X in season one.
- This set also includes Nya's new hairpiece for the first time in a Ninjago set not part of The LEGO Ninjago Movie.
- The Colossus is first seen in the episode "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago."
- The hand shooters and swords on the Oni Titan set are never seen in the show.
- In the show, the stone giant is called the Colossus.