70666 The Golden Dragon is a Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu set released in 2019, as a part of Ninjago: Legacy Wave 1. It includes Legacy Golden Lloyd, The Overlord and a Stone Scout in their Legacy redesigns, and the Golden Dragon.
Recreate the epic Final Battle between Golden Ninja Lloyd and Overlord with the LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy 70666 Golden Dragon action figure, featuring a minifigure saddle, opening mouth with hidden stud shooter, and posable legs, wings and tail. The cool ninja battle toy for kids includes 3 LEGO NINJAGO minifigures with weapons to intensify the role-play action as you recreate classic scenes from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy action toy includes 3 minifigures: Golden Ninja Lloyd, Overlord and Stone Army Scout.
- The Golden Dragon ninja toy features a minifigure saddle, opening mouth with hidden stud shooter and posable wings, legs and tail.
- Open the ninja dragon's mouth and fire the hidden shooter.
- Weapons include Golden Ninja Lloyd's gold-colored katana, Overlord's blade spear and Stone Army Scout's crossbow.
- Accessory elements include Overlord's 2 torsos, 4 arms and ghost-like ‘legs’.
- The LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy range features new versions of popular ninja playsets from past seasons to recreate or reimagine iconic conflicts from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Measures over 2” (6cm) high, 9” (24cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide.
"For the Legacy of Ninjago, I had the opportunity to design one of the most iconic models from our past. The golden dragon had a big significance for the story and the endgame of season 2 of Ninjago.
Because the set is smaller than its predecessor it took some time to get it right. I wanted to make it as posable as possible for the size."
- This is the first Ninjago dragon set to include a molded dragon head since—ironically—70503 The Golden Dragon in 2012. All the dragons since then have been entirely brick-built. Unlike the older Dragons sets, the new Golden Dragon's head is plastic rather than rubber.
- This is the second Ninjago set to feature a minifigure form of The Overlord, the first was in the 2014 set, 70728 Battle for Ninjago City, in which he was the Golden Master.
- The new Overlord figure derives elements from its appearances in the show, namely its upper torso resembling the Golden Master's Golden Armor, as well as having four arms like at the end of Season 2. Nonetheless, this figure never makes an appearance in the show or the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu shorts.
- This is one of two Wave 1 Legacy sets that aren't from Season 1 - the other is 70669 Cole's Earth Driller.
- This set is a re-imagined version of 70503 The Golden Dragon from 2012.
- Unlike most other Legacy sets, this set is smaller than the original, being 81 pieces short than the original.
- This version of the Stone Scout is exclusive to this set. It can also be found in 70669 Cole's Earth Driller and 71702 Golden Mech, but it is taller and has a yellow face print.
- Lloyd's Golden Dragon originally first appeared in "Island of Darkness," but this version first appeared in "Green and Gold."
- This is the smallest set to feature the Overlord, as well as the cheapest way to get him.