70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu is a LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu set released in 2019, as part of Ninjago: Legacy Wave 1. It includes Wu, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, Nya and Lloyd in their Legacy (Dragon) robes, Wyplash in his Legacy redesign, all four Golden Weapons, two "Spinjitzu Battle Platforms" and the Monastery of Spinjitzu, which features the Monastery Mural, some training obstacles and pedestals for each of the Golden Weapons.
Prepare for ninja battles at the LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu and stop Wyplash stealing a Golden Weapon. The buildable monastery model opens out for easy play and features an opening gate, tea room with knife trap function, rotating ninja training station, chicken trap function and NINJAGO history mural wall stickers. Practice Spinjitzu in the courtyard with 2 handheld ninja minfigure battle platforms, a sword-spinning training station and ‘fruit-cuttting' training station. This action-packed ninja playset includes all 4 collectible Golden Weapons—The Sword of Fire, The Nunchucks of Lightning, The Scythe of Quakes and The Shurikens of Ice—plus 8 minifigures to role-play and reimagine classic action from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This toy ninja set includes 8 LEGO® NINJAGO® minifigures: Wu, Jay, Nya, Zane, Cole, Lloyd, Kai and Wyplash.
- The Monastery of Spinjitzu opens out for easy play and features: an opening gate; tower; tea room with 2 seats and a hidden lever-operated knife trap; rotating training station and a buildable bonsai tree; chicken trap function; and LEGO® NINJAGO® history mural wall stickers.
- This ninja toy includes a training station with 2 rotating swords, ‘fruit-cutting' training station with a knife, banana and apple elements to knock over, plus 2 handheld ninja battle platforms for LEGO® NINJAGO® ninja minifigures to stand on.
- This LEGO® NINJAGO® toy includes all 4 of the ninja warriors’ collectible Golden Weapons: Kai’s Sword of Fire, Jay's Nunchucks of Lightning, Cole's Scythe of Quakes and Zane's Shurikens of Ice.
- Weapons include Wu's bo staff, Nya's spear and Wyplash's dagger.
- Also find collectible Golden Weapons in the 70667 Kai's Blade Cycle & Zane's Snowmobile, 70668 Jay's Storm Fighter and 70669 Cole’s Earth Driller LEGO® NINJAGO® sets.
- The LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy range features new versions of popular action toys from past seasons to recreate or reimagine iconic conflicts from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Measures over 11” (29cm) high, 12” (32cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep when closed.
- This set is a re-imagined version of 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo from 2011.
- The set is far larger, and looks far closer to the Monastery in the show.
- The 2011 version only had the front part of the Monastery.
- Zane was the only Ninja in the 2011 version, compared to the new reimagined version, where all 6 Ninja are included.
- All four Golden Weapons are included.
- This makes this set the seventh set to include all of the main weapons/accessories of a season all together, the first is 2507 Fire Temple, the second is 70505 Temple of Light, the third is 70626 Dawn of Iron Doom, the fourth is 70643 Temple of Resurrection, the fifth is 70654 Dieselnaut and the sixth is 70655 The Dragon Pit.
- This is the fourth set to include all six of the Ninja, after 70751 Temple of Airjitzu, 70617 Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, and 70618 Destiny's Bounty.
- Unlike most large Ninjago sets, this set only includes one villain, Wyplash. Normally, the hero-to-villain ratio is more evened out.
- This is the first set to feature Wyplash in eight years; he appeared in three sets in 2011.
- This version of Wyplash is exclusive to this set.
- This is the second Legacy set to feature the Skulkin as the villains.
- The Monastery of Spinjitzu originally first appeared in Episode 1 - "Way of the Ninja," but this version first appeared in "Master Class" from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu shorts, and in "The Darkness Comes" in the TV episodes.
- This set contains a golden statue of a chicken. It is a possible reference to The Master or Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, specifically the first episode, where chicken plays a fairly big role.