70723 Thunder Raider is a Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Rebooted set released in December 1, 2013. It includes Techno Cole and Techno Jay in the Earth Mech and Lightning off-roader, which can combine into the Thunder Raider. Opposing them is a Nindroid Warrior, manning the double laser cannon with Jay's Techno Blade.
Take on the Nindroids with the awesome Thunder Raider!
Team up Cole and Jay against the Nindroids with Thunder Raider, a versatile Ninja vehicle full of hidden surprises. Attach Cole’s Earth Mech to the back of Jay’s lightning off-roader. Engage speed mode and power effortlessly over rough terrain with the high-grip front tank treads and huge rear wheels. When the Nindroid attacks with its double laser cannon, detach Cole’s Earth Mech and fight back using the golden sword blasters. Transform the awesome Thunder Raider into attack mode to shoot hidden missiles and reload until the Ninjas are victorious! Includes 3 minifigures with weapons: Cole, Jay and a Nindroid.
- Includes 3 minifigures with weapons and: Cole, Jay and a Nindroid
- Huge rear off-road wheels, attachment hub for Earth Mech, gold Ninja swords and lightning motif
- Earth Mech features golden sword blasters, cockpit, mech armor and poseable elements
- Weapons include exclusive translucent yellow Techno-Blade for Jay and double laser cannon for the Nindroid
- Transform into attack mode and fire the hidden missiles
- Match up Cole in his Earth Mech against the Nindroid
- Backflip onto the back of the Thunder Raider with Cole’s Earth Mech
- Revert to speed mode to power through the city
- Thunder Raider measures over 7” (18cm) high, 7” (19cm) long) and 5” (13cm) wide
- Earth Mech measures over 4” (12cm) high, 4” (11cm) long) and 6” (16cm) wide
One of my latest sets and definitely my favorite so far. The size is perfect for play, you get three models that provide a lot of play, you have the modularity, the diversity between models and even a fun function that doesn't need a lot of technic. The function on the thunder raider works with the help of the new "A-plate" which I helped design. I have been unable to leave this element out of any models I've been designing since. It opens up a lot of posibilities for someone like me who loves to challenge the straight lines that LEGO bricks are usually restricted to.
- This is the first set to include Jay's Techno Blade, the second being 70728 Battle for Ninjago City.
- This set was remade into 71699 Thunder Raider for Ninjago: Legacy.
- This was the only set to include Techno Jay without shoulder pads.
- A revamped edition of this set was released in 2020 (71699 Thunder Raider) under the subtheme, Ninjago: Legacy. However, it contains more pieces, and includes a figure of the Overlord.
- This is the second Ninjago set that can be combined with a LEGO City set (60056 Tow Truck) to build a larger build, this being the Hydro-Turbo Sky Ray. The first is 70721 Kai Fighter and 60061 Airport Fire Truck, which can be built into the Thermo-Bolt Fire Flyer.