71730 Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin is a Ninjago: Legacy Wave 4 set that was released on January 1, 2021. It includes Epic Battle Kai and Legacy Wyplash, a shrine (similar to his parents Blacksmith shop.), a training dummy, a "Spinjitzu Battle Platform," and extra weapons.
Get kids playing out ultimate good-versus-evil battles between hero Kai and his nemesis Skulkin with this Epic Battle Set – Kai vs. Skulkin (71730) playset. Featuring a cool spinning platform battle toy and a small brick-built temple, this ninja toy makes a great treat and will inspire kids to enjoy hours of captivating role play.
Everything kids need for imaginative play
This buildable toy features 2 minifigures: a new-for-January-2021 Kai and a Legacy Skulkin from Seasons 1 and 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series, while the included 4 red weapons add an extra dimension to the battle play.
The best buildable toys for creative kids
NINJAGO playsets encourage kids to step away from their screens to enjoy daring adventures in a fantasy world. They will love learning valuable life skills and teaming up with their ninja heroes as they play with an exciting collection of ninja toys including mechs, planes and dragons.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Epic Battle Set – Kai vs. Skulkin (71730) lets kids stage exciting all-action battles between their hero Kai and the evil Skulkin.
- Ninja playset features 2 minifigures: a new-for-January-2021 Kai and a Legacy Skulkin from Seasons 1 and 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series and 4 red weapons.
- Also includes a detailed brick-built temple and a cool battle platform for Kai to spin into the action and use as a powerful weapon to knock over Skulkin.
- With 61 pieces, this playset is a fun building experience for kids aged 6 and up and the perfect ‘just because’ treat they will want to play with over and over again.
- Temple measures over 1 in. (3 cm) high, 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide and 2.5 in. (6 cm) deep – the perfect size to play with at home or to take to a friend's house for more fun.
- Recreate even bigger LEGO® NINJAGO® epic battles with other sets: Zane vs. Nindroid (71731), Jay vs. Serpentine (71732) and Cole vs. Ghost Warrior (71733).
- LEGO® NINJAGO® sets take kids away from their screens into a world of imaginative play where they can learn positive life skills on adventures with their ninja heroes.
- For more than six decades, LEGO® bricks have been made from the highest-quality materials to ensure they pull apart consistently, every time. Ninja skills not needed!
- LEGO® building bricks meet the highest safety standards in the world.
"Niek van Slagmaat (toothdominoes) and I were tasked with designing these small price point battle packs between the ninjas and some familiar faces from the past. We each did two, and it was an excellent opportunity to see how much fun and value we could add to these smaller sets. In this one, I settled on a simple Torii early on since it's such a classic Ninjago icon, and played with various color schemes until the red/tan combo with the flame yellow tree stood out. Since we were including a spinning battle platform in each set, I included a simple dummy that can hold some of the extra weapons included in the pack. The weapon pack was designed by Esben Floe.
All in all, it's a fun little set with builds that (hopefully) allow the real stars to shine: the awesome minifigures designed by Angel Grau and Michael Patton. Yes, Ryu was a source of inspiration for Kai's 'fit ;)"
- Kai's legs may be considered a legacy version of Kai's DX leg piece.
- Epic Battle Kai is exclusive to this set.
- This is the third Legacy set to feature the Skulkin as the villains. The first was 70665 The Samurai Mech and the second was 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu.