Little ninjas can enjoy recreating action-filled scenes from season 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series with the Overlord Dragon (71742) playset. Featuring posable legs, head and wings adorned with blades, the dragon can take several different stances to inspire role-play fun.
Endless thrills for young builders
The posable dragon toy is accompanied by 2 minifigures: ninja Golden Lloyd armed with a katana on his back and the Overlord wielding his own sharp blade, so kids have all they need to play out exhilarating battles in the sky and on the ground in this classic fight between good and evil.
Unique toys for creative kids
LEGO NINJAGO toys offer a world of all-consuming fun as kids travel to an exciting fantasy world where they can join forces with their heroes to battle a cast of evil villains playing with an amazing collection of cool toys including dragons, jets and vehicles.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Legacy Overlord Dragon (71742) playset featuring a cool and highly posable dragon for kids to enjoy hours of flying fun.
- Impressive dragon playset with 2 minifigures from season 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series: Overlord armed with a blade and ninja Golden Lloyd with a katana strapped to his back.
- This fun dragon toy has posable head, legs and bladed wings for NINJAGO® fans to create fast-moving stories in the sky or on the ground.
- This battle playset provides a rewarding building experience for kids aged 7 and up and is the perfect LEGO® gift to help them fulfil their passion for ninjas and being creative.
- The Overlord Dragon measures over 5.5 in. (12 cm) high, 18 in. (46 cm) long and 17.5 in. (45 cm) wide to look impressive displayed in a child's bedroom between playtime battles.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® includes an amazing collection of cool playsets that put a smile on any kid's face and lets them learn positive life skills through exciting adventures with their ninja heroes.
- For more than six decades, LEGO® bricks have been made from the highest-quality materials to ensure they pull apart consistently, every time. Ninja skills not needed!
- LEGO® building bricks meet stringent safety standards, so kids are in safe hands.
- Regarding the lack of an original Overlord Dragon set, Tommy Andreasen explained, "The Overlord Dragon only appears for a few minutes, and then gets 'killed'. Not much play inspiration there. Also this was more of an idea that came up late in the story process. Too late for toy anyway."
- Years before this set was released, another LEGO version for the Overlord Dragon was shown in an official Ninjago video about the story of the Green Ninja.
- This is the second Legacy set after 71741 Ninjago City Gardens not to be based on a pre-existing Ninjago set and the first to not have any resemblance to any set made for Ninjago or any of its subthemes.
- This is the first set representation of the Overlord in his dragon form, which first appeared over 7 years prior to this set's release.
- The Overlord minifigure included is exclusive to this set. Its design is more akin to the Golden Master minifigure released in 2014 with a ghost tail instead of a slope piece and Unagami's armor in gold.
- Despite the Final Battle happened before the Nindroid crisis, the Overlord wears the Golden Armor in this set.
- Legacy Golden Lloyd minifigure is technically exclusive to this set, as this is the only Legacy set with him to use his normal head instead of his golden one that came in 70666 The Golden Dragon and 71702 Golden Mech.
- In "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," Lloyd told the Overlord Dragon that he did not need a sword to defeat him, but in this set, Lloyd has a sword.
- Though the majority of other Legacy sets released in 2021 feature a special minifigure in a gold suit and a platform that reads "Ninjago 10th Anniversary" (not counting the 4+ sets), this set does not.
- This could be due to this set already including two golden minifigures, those being Legacy Golden Lloyd and the Golden Master variant of the Overlord or because this set is still enough exclusive due to first appearence of the Overlord Dragon.
- This is one of the three sets to include a character in both their minifigure and dragon form, the other two being 71713 Empire Dragon and 71754 Water Dragon.
- Parts of the dragon's head were later used as the lower jaw of the Jungle Dragon in 71746 Jungle Dragon and as the head of Wojira in 71755 Temple of the Endless Sea.