|“Hmm, what you're looking for is an Aeroblade, forged by Deepstone, an aquatic material mined from the bottom of the ocean. Very unique. Even more expensive.”|
|— Ronin to the Ninja in "Stiix and Stones"|
Aeroblades are a powerful group of weapons created from Deepstone found at the bottom of the Endless Sea. The Ninja obtained the Aeroblades, anticipating to use them against the Ghosts after getting them from Ronin. They have the ability to defeat ghosts when slicing through them.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearance and Abilities
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
They were mined underwater forged out of Deepstone.
When the Ninja confront Ronin in his shop in search of the Scroll of Airjitzu, he misdirects them towards buying weapons from him, which leads him to offer them the Aeroblades, but at a price they can't afford. Later at night, they attempt to steal the scroll from his shop and are confronted by Morro and multiple Ghost Warriors. The Ninja and Ronin used their Aeroblades to battle the ghosts while everyone battles to get the Scroll of Airjitzu.
The Ninja used their Aeroblades to battle the Ghost Warriors while climbing the Wailing Alps.
The Ninja battle Morro and his ghosts for the Sword of Sanctuary. Ronin uses his Aeroblade to block one of Soul Archer's arrows from hitting Nya.
Jay used his Aeroblade to destroy Ghoultar.
The Ninja left their Aeroblades in R.E.X., leaving them without any weapons.
Ronin and the Ninja didn't use their Aeroblades but they were seen with their owners.
The Ninja used their Aeroblades to battle the Ghost Warriors and The Preeminent.
Ronin used his Aeroblade to disable a roller-coaster at Mega Monster Amusement Park in order to capture Jay.
The Aeroblades were used by Ronin and Echo Zane to help Jay's rag-tag team climb up a cliff.
Appearance and Abilities
The Aeroblades resemble a shuriken-like weapon that are usually dull and non-colored. However, when touched, they glow in bright colors, usually depending on the person's element, which allows the weapon to have the ability to defeat the Ghost Warriors when they come in contact. The Aeroblades are circular in shape with three sharp points on their sides.
The Aeroblades can also be used for battling enemies that are not ghosts, being used as regular weapons. The Ninja and Ronin have used their Aeroblades as shurikens, and they are large enough to be used against other weapons in melee combats, just like shurikens also.
- Lloyd and Nya are the only Ninja to not obtain an Aeroblade; Lloyd due to being possessed by Morro and Nya, still undergoing ninja training.
- However, Lloyd has an Aeroblade in Ninjago Possession.
- Wu's Aeroblade does not appear in the show.
- The 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty set has Cole's Aeroblade on the box but Wu's Aeroblade is in the actual set.
- This makes Cole's Aeroblade the only Aeroblade to appear in one set.
- Somehow, Cole's Aeroblade could still destroy ghosts, even when it was turned into a ghost along with him.
- It's also unclear how his Aeroblade took on a ghostly form since he never had it with him when he became a ghost, nor it's explained how the blade could've turned into a ghost object since it was entirely made out of deepstone.
- Kai's Aeroblade is the only one that appears in three different sets.
- Two of Zane's Aeroblades are found in the 70636 Zane Spinjitzu Master set.
- The Yin Blade resembles an Aeroblade attached to a handle with a chain.
- The transparent gray part of the Aeroblade is later reused for Jestro's staff in LEGO Nexo Knights and Sandy's crescent staff in LEGO Monkie Kid.
- Ronin's Aeroblade is the only one not to be featured in a set, although two were included in Issue 18 of the Ninjago Magazine.
- In "Operation Land Ho!," Ronin throws two yellow Aeroblades while Echo Zane throws a blue one.
- It's unknown what happened with the Ninja's aeroblades after the Battle of Stiix, althought it could be assumed that they gave them back to Ronin since they never actually owned nor paid for the aeroblades, only borrowed them from Ronin for a while to fight Morro's ghosts.
- This is most likely the case, since the aeroblades used by Echo Zane and Ronin look similar to Jay's, Zane's and Wu's aeroblades.