- Were you looking for the flyers?
This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
“A lost martial art created by Sensei Yang, who passed years ago. If mastered, it allows one to temporarily take flight.”
|— Kai and Misako in "Ghost Story"|
Airjitzu (referred to by Jay and Nya as Cyclon-Do) is a martial arts technique that was created by Master Kodokuna Yang. It involves the user tapping into their innate elemental energies while spinning rapidly, creating a tornado-like vortex of energy around themselves which also allows them to levitate over land.
It is similar to Spinjitzu, which Yang used as inspiration to create the air-based technique.
- 1 Notable Uses
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Airjitzu Users
- 4 Types of Airjitzu
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Briefly, Nya uses Airjitzu to escape the worm creatures.
After Jay made his final wish for the Teapot of Tyrahn to have never be found, the six ninja use Airjitzu.
After Jay and Nya were knocked off the Destiny's Bounty by an unnatural storm they used Airjitzu to safely land on the Dark Island. The two would later use Airjitzu to battle a Leviathan.
When Wu and Lloyd fell into quicksand after being chased by a pack of gorillas, Wu used Airjitzu to pull them out.
Under the influence of Dark Matter, Lloyd used Airjitzu to hop from the Destiny's Bounty onto the mainland.
Cole used Airjitzu to fly up to the Temple of Airjitzu.
When Zane was confronted by Cryptor, he attempted to use Airjitzu to escape.
When the Rift of Return opened, Yang attempted to use Airjitzu to fly towards it. However, Cole used Airjitzu to catch up with him and the two fell back to the Temple. After making amends, Cole used Airjitzu to fly him and Yang to the Rift but Yang realized that the curse required one of them to remain as a ghost. He threw Cole through the Rift, turning him back into a human.
Cole and Jay suggest using Airjitzu to get out of the building with the kidnapped builders, but they then realize that the builders don't know Airjitzu.
Airjitzu grants the user the ability to fly in a small vortex of a specific element and color around themselves in the form of a single, short burst for under ten seconds.
- Lloyd Garmadon
- Wrayth (in sets)
- Yang's students
- Wu (Dark Island Trilogy only)
- Skylor (Ninjago Rush only)
Types of Airjitzu
- Fire — used by Kai
- Lightning — used by Jay
- Water — used by Nya
- Ice — used by Zane
- Earth — used by Cole
- Energy — used by Lloyd Garmadon
- Wind — used by Morro
- Creation - used by Wu (non-canon)
- Amber — used by Skylor (non-canon)
- Green — used by Wrayth (non-canon)
- White — in training
- Golden — used by Yang
- Yellow — Power Up in Prime Empire
- At first, all of the ninja's Airjitzu appeared to be blue whereas Morro appeared to have a green Airjitzu.
- In "Curseworld, Part II," it is shown that the Airjitzu of the ninja turned to their element's colors. This indicates that someone with an active elemental power will have an Airjitzu technique the same color as their element, as the ninja were without their powers in previous episodes.
- In "Curseworld, Part I," Lloyd used Airjitzu for the first time. This is because when Morro was using his body, he can also learn a technique even if he wasn't exactly in control due to his body being used as a host.
- Wrayth never uses Airjitzu in the TV series, despite him having a LEGO flyer.
- In "My Dinner With Nadakhan," Nya learns Airjitzu.
- Its name is a pun on "air" and "ninjutsu," a real type of martial art.
- Jay's way of saying Airjitzu, "Cyclon-Do," is a portmanteau of "cyclone" and "taekwondo."
- Nya also calls it that in "Stop, Drop and Side Scroll," indicating that she likes the name.
- In "Day of the Departed", Cryptor claims to have learned Airjitzu from Zane's programming and seemingly uses it to fly to the tree branch Zane was on.
- It was confirmed by the creators that Airjitzu would not be used starting with Season 8. This was done for the purpose of preventing the ninja from being too overpowered.
- A possible explanation for why the ninja stopped using it is given in the non-canon novel Way of the Departed, where it's stated that Airjitzu draws on Edo magic, a dark form of Magic.
- In "Stop, Drop and Side Scroll," Nya acquires a power-up within Prime Empire that grants her the ability to use Airjitzu.
- Milton Dyer appears to have heard of it when he was programming Prime Empire, which explains why it was in the game.
- Wu does not know Airjitzu. Though he does it in the Dark Island Trilogy and refers to it as Airjitzu, Tommy Andreasen said that was actually Spinjitzu.
The images on Airjitzu need to be organized.
In other media