|“I wish you had taken my hand, and no one ever found that teapot in the first place.|
Your wish...is yours to keep.”
|— Jay and Nadakhan creating the alternate timeline in "The Way Back"|
Clouse freed Nadakhan in order to get his wishes, but he was tricked into the teapot when making them. Nadakhan then set out to frame the ninja for various crimes. He stole the Realm Crystal in order to free his crew and return to his homeland, but after he did so, he discovered that was is collapsing due to the destruction of the Cursed Realm. Khanjikhan gave Nadakhan the Djinn Blade so that he can capture the ninja and other Elemental Masters inside it and use their power to create a new Djinjago.
Despite Nadakhan's success in marrying Nya and gaining infinite wishes, the ninja managed to trap Nadakhan thanks to Flintlocke, who had betrayed him, shooting him with Tiger Widow venom. But Nya got hit as well, forcing Jay to wish that none of these events had ever happened, undoing every event prior to Nadakhan being free again, except for the Temple of Airjitzu floating in the air, though Jay and Nya retained their memories of the events.
Affected in this timeline due to Nadakhan's actions
- The Realm Crystal was shattered.
- Zane lost P.I.X.A.L. in his head for not listening and falling into Nadakhan's loophole.
- Lloyd became old due to wishing to be wise like Wu.
- Every Elemental Master except Skylor was captured within the Djinn Blade, leaving them trapped indefinitely.
- The Falcon was dismantled.
- Chunks of Ninjago were pulled to the sky, which later fell down to Ninjago City due to Nadakhan getting shot by the Tiger Widow venom. It is currently unknown if this caused anyone to die in Ninjago City.
- Vengestone makes elemental powers stronger instead of disabling their powers.
- Nya died from the Tiger Widow venom.
- 55. "Infamous"
- 56. "Public Enemy Number One"
- 57. "Enkrypted"
- 58. "Misfortune Rising"
- 59. "On a Wish and a Prayer"
- 60. "My Dinner With Nadakhan"
- 61. "Wishmasters"
- 62. "The Last Resort"
- 63. "Operation Land Ho!"
- 64. "The Way Back"
- Jay not only saved Nya by his last wish, but he also restored Lloyd's age and saved P.I.X.A.L., the Falcon, the realm of Ninjago, and every Elemental Master who was captured.
- The reset may not have affected other realms.
- Jay and Nya still remembering the events even though they are erased and the Temple of Airjitzu remaining afloat are the two "anomalies".
- It is suggested Lloyd and Wu remember things too, as Lloyd claims to have déjà vu and Wu had a mural of the events painted in the walls of the Monastery of Spinjitzu.
- It is unknown if the other ninja have recalled anything regarding the alternate timeline, though in Ninjago: Decoded (canon status unknown) Nya uploads the information into Zane's memory in "Legacy", and Cole and Kai see some of these memories in "Ninjago's Most Wanted".
- Nadakhan likely remembers the events due to his djinn abilities, and he is not happy about it.
- It is suggested that the Police Commissioner may remember the events, as he guessed the new villain in "Dread on Arrival" may be a Pirate Genie, but this is unlikely, as he replied that anything could happen in Ninjago City.
- When the ninja observe the Skybound Monastery Mural in "The Darkness Comes," Kai and Dareth look at each other, confused.
- This alternate timeline is different from an alternate universe (for example, a parallel reality where the ninja are evil). Alternate universes do not exist in Ninjago.
- The Wu-Cru symbol (which appears in every episode of Skybound) appears on the back of the billboard in "The Way Back" but not in "Infamous". Though this is more of an Easter egg with no canonical significance, it is technically another difference between the timelines.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Nadakhan only granted one of Jay's wishes, that being that Clouse never found the teapot, while Nya taking Jay's hand in the new timeline was her own choice.
- "The Way Back"
War of the Oni and the Dragons · Battle in the Endless Sea · Stone Wars · Reign of Aspheera · Long Winter · Serpentine War · Battle for All of Time · Attack of the Great Devourer · The Final Battle · Nindroid crisis · Second Serpentine War · Battle of Stiix · Fall of Ninjago · Rise of Ninjago · Oni Invasion · Monastery Siege · Lloyd's Journey · Liberation of the Never-Realm · Attack from Prime Empire · Battle for Shintaro · Conflict on the Island of the Keepers · Kalmaar's assault on Ninjago City
Alternate timeline · Yin-Yang Eclipse