The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|“Her element isn't Fire, she's the Master of Amber, the power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched.”|
|— Garmadon to Jay in "Ninja Roll"|
Amber is a secondary element in Ninjago. It is generally associated with the color orange.
- Power Replication - It allows the user to absorb and replicate the powers of other Elemental Masters by only physical contact.
- Ability Training - The user can replicate other powers/abilities simply by learning how to use them.
- Attack Recording - The user can use this ability to gather/record an attack from an opponent and use that attack as their own. When recording the attack, the attack is negated in the process, and once the user has recorded the attack, they may be able to use that attack as many times as they want.
- Power Mixture - as demonstrated In "Radio Free Ninjago," it is revealed that users of Amber can combine the Elemental Powers they have gathered to help attack or escape from enemies. There is only one known drawback with this maneuver: the user would become exhausted from the strain of using more than one Element at the same time.
- Power-Shifting - When the user touches another being, they can switch/shift their power from one power to another to match the super-being. In some cases, the user has inherent abilities that can be drastically different from one another and can easily shift from one to the next.
Staff of Elements
- 35. "The Invitation"
- 37. "Only One Can Remain"
- 39. "Spy for a Spy"
- 40. "Spellbound"
- 41. "The Forgotten Element"
- 42. "The Day of the Dragon"
- Amber has the same powers of Chen's Staff of Elements (Chronosteel and Blue Crystal), only except Skylor replicates elemental powers and Chen's Staff absorbs elemental powers.
- The elemental symbol of Amber is (六), which means 6 in Mandarin and Cantonese, hinting on the fact there could be a possibility of her being the sixth ninja.
- Skylor revealed in "Iron & Stone" that her powers had returned, after the status of her powers being unknown since the conclusion of The Tournament of Elements.
- It is worth mentioning that Skylor was corrupted and almost killed when she tried to use the power of Destruction. This could be because Skylor was trying too hard, though it is more likely that Amber can not control elemental essences like Golden Power, Destruction, Creation, Energy, and Darkness as easily as normal elements, which is supported by Tommy Andreasen saying that trying to absorb the power of the First Spinjitzu Master would "probably cause her to explode."
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the element's name was the The Hageman Brothers' idea.
- He also stated, "it 'adapts' and 'absorbs' ... and it sounds cool and fits her colours."
- There was to be story called Amber Legacy based on the family line of this power. The story would have introduced Skylor's mother and explained why she wasn't in the Serpentine War, why she married Chen, and what her ultimate fate was. The story's development was halted due to the poor distribution of the Dark Island Trilogy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.