The Anacondrai Cultists (also known as the Anacondrai warriors or the Anacondrai Cult) are a loyal circle of followers led by the notorious Master Chen who worshipped the Anacondrai tribe. Following his banishment to a secluded island, Chen began building up his criminal empire, which consisted of a cult of Anacondrai worshippers.
The cultists' primary goal was to steal the powers of the Elemental Masters, which they would use to perform a spell and transform into Anacondrai. Despite their success in doing so, they needed the essence of a true Anacondrai to complete the spell; otherwise, they would return back to their human forms. The cultists captured Pythor, the last surviving Anacondrai, and used his sweat to complete the spell, officially becoming fake Anacondrai.
The cultists invaded Ninjago and staged a final battle against the Elemental Masters and their allies at the Corridor of Elders. As the battle waged on, Chen's former pupil, Garmadon, sacrificed himself, freeing the spirits of the Anacondrai generals which cursed the Anacondrai cultists and banished them to the Cursed Realm.
Several months later, when The Preeminent—the physical manifestation of the Cursed Realm—was released into Stiix, Nya unlocked her True Potential and drowned the colossal beast. Incidentally, the Cursed Realm was destroyed and all those inside of it were killed, including Chen, and were sent to the Departed Realm.
The sole survivor, Clouse, escaped the realm and went on to free a deceptive djinn; these events were later undone. Master Yang's magic later enabled Chen, Zugu, and Eyezor to return from the Departed Realm, but they were soon dispatched there once again by the ninja.
- Master Chen (leader)
- Clouse (second-in-command)
- Zugu (acting general)
- Eyezor (acting general)
- Anacondrai serpent (Clouse's pet)
- Skylor (Chen's daughter/spy)
Most of the Anacondrai Cultists seen in the show were modeled after Sleven and Krait, having purple fang-like tattoos along with white face paint on the top half of their face. They had purple snake faces tattooed on their chest and purple snake tails tattooed on their back. Another variant to their faces was having snakes tattooed on their face and white face paint on half of their face instead. Chope had a more realistic snake tattooed on his chest and random patterns on his face, without any paint. Kapau had a random face pattern on the right side of his face and one purple snake on his chest. Zugu's chest closely resembled Kapau's, and Eyezor had a small viper tattoo on his face. Every cultist wore a hollowed-out Anacondrai skull for a helmet, as even Eyezor was able to wear one despite his mohawk. Zugu and Kapau wore red side armor on one side on their body.
They worship the Anacondrai, even going as far as to transform to look like them and even wearing their skulls as hats. The cultists believe that the Anacondrai are the most powerful beings to exist and they live by their creed that ‘only one can remain’.
- Condrai Crushers
- Anacondrai Battle Mechs
- Anacondrai buggies
- Rocket boards
- Clouse's stone mech
- Roto Jet (stolen)
- Sleven and Krait appear to be the generic cultists in the series, as multiple soldiers are seen with identical appearances.
- All of the Anacondrai cultists (except for Clouse (in the Tournament app) and Skylor), as well as Garmadon, have their names changed for their Anacondrai forms.
- All of the cultists (except for Chen, Clouse and Skylor) have large, protruding fangs in their human forms. It's unclear if they are fake fangs or real ones, as they would have fangs in their Anacondrai forms as well.
- The cultists in their Anacondrai forms have the same head shape as the real Anacondrai do, while Chen, Clouse (in the Tournament app) and Skylor, as well as Garmadon, still retained their minifigure head shapes. This could be due to not having tattoos on their heads.
- They were never named in the show. The set descriptions, "Legacy," "Ninjago's Most Wanted," and "Rise of Garmadon" refer to them as Anacondrai warriors while the 2021 Character Encyclopedia refers to them as Anacondrai Cultists or Anacondrai Cult.
- However, in "Legacy", they were referred to as Anacondarai warriors in their fake Anacondrai forms.
- In LEGO Worlds, they are referred to simply as "Anacondrai."
- Contrary to what seems to be their culture, the cultists (or at least Chen) actually do not worship or show respect for the true Anacondrai, as they forced Pythor to create essence to complete the Anacondrai transformation spell.
- In "The Corridor of Elders," Zane mentions that the cultists outnumber the ninja by 62.4 to one. Doing the calculations, this means the group had about 1,310 members at the time of the episode.
- Despite most of them appearing to lack hair, at least some of them have long hair (the same style as Rufus McCallister, Tommy, and Hutchins) on the tied up cultists seen in "Only One Can Remain" when the ninja are escaping in the tunnels.
- The Anacondrai Cultists in their more casual clothing are reused as background character models in other contexts, even when it does not make sense timeline-wise.
- The group exiling Chen and Clouse in the "Spellbound" flashback, which takes place forty years ago, mostly consists of human Anacondrai cultists, including multiple Eyezors.
- While Dareth is examining the costumes at The Royal Blacksmiths' concert in "Day of the Departed", a couple of human Anacondrai cultists can be seen in the crowd.
- They are the first villainous faction since the Skulkin not to have at least one member with short legs.
- Even though the cultists (except for Clouse) were able to turn invisible in their Anacondrai forms, Chen was unable to. It is unknown if Skylor and Garmadon were able to become invisible as well despite not being shown to do so.
- In their Anacondrai forms, the cultists' names change, with "rai" being added to the end after an apostrophe. This is only officially done with Kapau and Chope's names, but it naturally extends to the others.
- Chen is also called "Chen-acondrai" in the Dark Island Trilogy, Part 2 Episode Guide
The images on Anacondrai Cultists need to be organized.