- Not to be confused with the real Anacondrai Generals.
|“All of you who bear the mark of the Anacondrai, it is time. We will shed our skins for new ones, and be the most powerful force in all of Ninjago!”|
|— Chen to the Anacondrai Warriors in "The Forgotten Element"|
The Anacondrai warriors were a group of people led by the notorious Master Chen who worshiped the Anacondrai tribe. Following his banishment to a secluded island, Chen began building up his criminal empire, which consisted of an army of Anacondrai worshipers.
The warriors' primary goal was to steal the powers of the Elemental Masters, which they would use to perform a spell and transform into Anacondrai. Despite their success in doing so, they needed the essence of a true Anacondrai to complete the spell; otherwise, they would return back to their human forms. The Warriors captured Pythor, the last surviving Anacondrai, and used his sweat to complete the spell, officially becoming fake Anacondrai.
The warriors invaded Ninjago and staged a final battle against the Elemental Masters and their allies at the Corridor of Elders. As the battle waged on, Chen's former pupil, Garmadon, sacrificed himself, freeing the spirits of the Anacondrai generals which cursed the Anacondrai arriors and banished them to the Cursed Realm. Several months later, when The Preeminent—the physical manifestation of the Cursed Realm—was released into Stiix, Nya unlocked her True Potential and drowned the colossal beast. Incidentally, the Cursed Realm was destroyed and all those inside of it were killed, including Chen, and were sent to the Departed Realm. The sole survivor, Clouse, escaped the realm and went on to free a deceptive djinn; these events were later undone. Master Yang's magic later enabled Chen and two other Warriors to return from the Departed Realm, but they were soon dispatched there once again by the Ninja.
- Master Chen (Leader)
- Clouse (Second-in-Command)
- Eyezor (General)
- Zugu (General)
- Anacondrai Serpent (Clouse's pet)
Most of the Anacondrai warriors seen in the show were modeled after Sleven and Krait, having purple fang-like tattoos along with white face paint on the top half of their face. They had purple snake faces tattooed on their chest and purple snake tails tattooed on their back. Another variant to their faces was having snakes tattooed on their face and white face paint on half of their face instead. Chope had a more realistic snake tattooed on his chest and random patterns on his face, without any paint. Kapau had a random face pattern on the right side of his face and one purple snake on his chest. Zugu's chest closely resembled Kapau's, and Eyezor had a small viper tattoo on his face. Every Warrior wore a hollowed-out Anacondrai Skull for a helmet (It is unknown how they got them), Eyezor had a mohawk instead of a helmet, Zugu and Kapau wore red side armor on one side on their body.
- Despite not being real Anacondrai, as directly stated by Chen and Pythor, some Warriors have the ability to turn invisible in their Anacondrai forms. This is presumably an effect of the ritual.
- Sleven and Krait appear to be the generic Warriors in the series, as multiple soldiers are seen with identical appearances.
- Eyezor, Kapau, and Chope are the only Warriors to have their names changed for their Anacondrai forms.
- All of the Anacondrai warriors (except for Chen, Clouse, Garmadon, and Skylor, who have smaller ones) have large, protruding fangs. It's unclear if they are fake fangs or real ones.
- It is unclear if Chen and the Warriors wore fake or real Anacondrai skulls. If they are real, it is unknown how they got ahold of them, as all the remaining Anacondrai were sealed within their tomb. Chen most likely had someone go to the tomb and collect them, seeing he also has an assortment of other hard-to-obtain items, such as a scale of the Great Devourer and Zane's pink gi.
- Despite being called Anacondrai warriors, the name of the faction was never said except in the Tournament of Elements sets and "Ninjago's Most Wanted."
- Contrary to what seems to be their culture, the Warriors (or at least Chen) actually do not worship or show respect for the true Anacondrai, as they forced Pythor to create essence to complete the Anacondrai transformation spell.
- In "The Corridor of Elders," Zane mentions that the Warriors outnumber the Ninja by 62.4 to one. Doing the calculations, this means the group had about 1,310 members at the time of the episode.