- Were you looking for the Digital Overlord Faction?
This template is being added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
|“And how cool is it that I can honestly say, 'My brother is a Nindroid'?”|
|— Jay to Zane in "Tick Tock"|
Believed to be an orphan, Zane lived a mysterious life until discovered by Master Wu and taken in as a student. Despite feeling overwhelmed with his new friends, the Ice Ninja still felt disappointed with his unknown past. Up upon till a special discovery with a mysterious Falcon, Zane and the Ninja met many important missions; though they didn’t expect one adventure to lead them to a hidden workshop, only to witness the fact that Zane was not only special—he was a Nindroid, built to protect others.
After the Golden Ninja defeated the Overlord, the Ninja became teachers with the exception of Lloyd. Soon, Nya reported a trip to Borg Industries, whereas Zane met P.I.X.A.L., an android based on Zane. When the Overlord virus turned P.I.X.A.L. aggressive, she used her previous scan of Zane and upgraded his schematics to mane a more up-to-date robot army.
Upon facing the Nindroids surrounding P.I.X.A.L., Zane encountered General Cryptor, a brand-new Nindroid based on his own design while also upgraded with superior abilities.
While thinking of a means to use Jay's last wish against Nadakhan, both he and Nya unexpectedly encounter Echo Zane, an inferior copy of Zane built from scrap parts but with the same programming to protect others. Although this Nindroid is prone to falling apart, he proves his worth during the raid on Jay and Nya's tower.
After discovering Snake Jaguar is Zane in disguise, Mr. E and Zane fought each other using their motorcycles. Zane is still in the belief that Mr. E is the Quiet One, but instead, it turns out Mr. E is a Nindroid just like Zane.
- Battering ram - Zane is able to become stiff in order to be used as a battering ram.
- Falcon Vision - Zane is able to see through the eyes of the Falcon.
- Holographic projection - Zane is able to create both 2D and 3D blue holographic projections from his eyes.
- Illumination - Zane is able to glow in order for him and his friends to see in the dark.
- Scanning - P.I.X.A.L. is able to scan a given area as well as other androids and Zane is able to scan an area, vehicle, or human for various signs.
- Shurikens - Zane has a hidden shuriken drill in his arm and is able to produce Explosive Shurikens. Echo Zane is also able to produce shurikens.
- Zane's holographic cloak - Zane is able to change his appearance.
See also Zane § Weapons and Abilities.
- All of the evil Nindroids were built by P.I.X.A.L. (when she was controlled by the Overlord) and based on Zane's design.
- Jay coined the term Nindroid in "Tick Tock", as he mixed the words "ninja" and "android".
- Cyrus Borg's Security Droids (as seen in "The Invitation") at first look identical to the evil Nindroids, only they work for good instead of evil. However, as of "Public Enemy Number One," they gain white armor/clothing.
- In "Public Enemy Number One," a new Nindroid leader who resembles Cryptor appears. However, he is white-colored as all the Nindroids of this caliber.
- Stickered 2x2 tiles depicting the blueprints for Zane and the Falcon are included in 70594 The Lighthouse Siege.
- Mr. E is the only evil Nindroid who is not known to serve the Overlord.
- Mr. E was originally going to be Echo Zane. See their individual pages for more information.