- Not to be confused with the event.
|“You're gonna regret messing with our city, Kalmaar!”|
“Your city is now my city! And the only regret I have is I can only destroy it once!”
|— Kai and Kalmaar|
|"Assault on Ninjago City"|
|Season Seabound, Episode 14|
|Air date||April 29, 2021 (UK)|
May 16, 2021 (Canada)
|Written by||Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt|
|Directed by||Wade Cross|
"The Calm Before the Storm"
Extended: Kalmaar and Wojira arrive in Ninjago City, bringing forth a tsunami that floods the city - the ninjas leap into action, rescuing anyone unlucky enough to be left behind and trapped, and even Dareth springs forward as the Brown Ninja to help. Wojira attacks the Bounty and crashes it into the water, Jay's sub car is damaged and he sinks to the bottom without power, and Nya joins the battle to face Kalmaar head-on.
- Benthomaar - Cole Howard
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Gamer 1 - Vincent Tong
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Gripe - Brian Drummond
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Kalmaar - Giles Panton
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Patty Keys - Cathy Weseluck
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Narrator: Jay
- The scene where the waves spread through the city resembles the New York tsunami scene in The Day After Tomorrow.
- Dareth appears again after his absence in Master of the Mountain and The Island.
- He also makes note of his lack of involvement recently.
- Gayle Gossip and Vinny Folson getting so close to Kalmaar and Wojira is similar to their appearance in "Snaketastrophy."
- The Rise of Ninjago and Attack from Prime Empire events are mentioned.
- Patty Keys makes her first appearance since "Wishmasters".
- The Postman also appears in the episode as a background character.
- The Teapot of Tyrahn is briefly seen in this episode being washed away in the flood among other items in Ninjago City.
- The final shot of the episode, which has Nya and Kalmaar lunging toward each other, is very similar to the final shot of "The Upply Strike Back!", which has Cole and the Skull Sorcerer lunging toward each other.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.