|“After Garmadon's fall, the balance of the elements was restored and Ninjago enjoyed many years of peace.”|
|— Wu to Zane|
|"Battle Between Brothers"|
|Season Mini-movies, Episode 6|
|Air date||Fall 2011|
|Written by||Brian Ellis|
|Directed by||Michael Helmuth Hansen|
"Return to the Fire Temple"
"Rise of the Snakes"
Zane notices Sensei Wu wearing a new black kimono and tells him it is "most extraordinary." Wu thanks Zane and explains that it has powers against evil; more importantly, it reminds him of the day Garmadon was banished to the Underworld.
A flashback shows a young Garmadon stealing the Golden Weapons from their stands. A young Wu tells him the Golden Weapons are for display, but Garmadon, with red eyes, replies, "Tell me, what good is a weapon if all it's used for is collecting dust?" Wu tells him not to be a fool only for Garmadon to snap back, exclaiming that their father was the fool.
Wu and Garmadon then battle over the Weapons, with the former using the Shurikens of Ice and the Scythe of Quakes and the latter using the Nunchucks of Lightning and the Dragon Sword of Fire. Wu knocks Garmadon out of the Monastery, but Garmadon gets back up, attacking Wu with both weapons, as Wu defends with both, which causes a thunderstorm to suddenly appear as Garmadon tries to strike the final blow on his brother. Just before he can attack, Wu's kimono glows, and a bolt of lightning strikes, charring Garmadon's body and dropping him into the Underworld.
As the flashback ends, Sensei Wu tells Zane that there were many years of peace after Garmadon's downfall. At that moment, Jay soars riding on the back of the Lightning Dragon without using his hands, prompting Zane to quip that those days appear to be over.
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- This episode explains how Lord Garmadon got his dark, charred appearance—being struck by lightning.
- This episode's structure is similar to "An Underworldly Takeover," with a ninja having a conversation with Master Wu that leads to a flashback explaining some of the show's backstory.
- Sensei Wu's appearance in this episode is based on the Wu minifigure available in the summer 2011 wave of sets.
- A kimono similar to the black kimono worn by Sensei Wu and young Garmadon is later worn by the purified Garmadon at the end of "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," albeit with purple accents and silver writing.
- The phrase "battle between brothers" is not spoken in this episode, though it was said in "Way of the Ninja."
For the gallery of the episode, click here.