|“Father was the fool!”|
|— Garmadon to Wu|
|"Battle Between Brothers"|
|Season Mini-Movies, Episode 6|
|Air date||Fall 2011|
"Return to the Fire Temple"
"Rise of the Snakes"
Zane notices Master Wu wearing a new black kimono and tells him it is "most extraordinary." Wu thanks Zane explaining that it has powers against evil; more importantly, it reminds him of the day Garmadon was banished to the Underworld.
A flashback shows a young Garmadon stealing the Golden Weapons from their stands. A young Wu tells him the Golden Weapons are for display, but Garmadon, with red eyes, replies "Tell me, what good is a weapon if all it's used for is collecting dust?" Wu tells him not to be a fool only for Garmadon to snap back, exclaiming that their father was the fool.
Wu and Garmadon then battle over the Weapons, with the former using the Shurikens of Ice and the Scythe of Quakes and the latter using the Nunchucks of Lightning and the Dragon Sword of Fire. Wu knocks Garmadon out of the Monastery, then Garmadon gets back up, and attacks Wu with both weapons, as Wu defends with both, which causes a thunderstorm to suddenly appear as Garmadon tries to strike the final blow on his brother. Just before he can attack, Wu's kimono glows and a bolt of lightning strikes, charring Garmadon's body and dropping him into the Underworld.
As the flashback ends, Master Wu tells Zane that there were many years of peace after Garmadon's downfall. At that moment, Jay soars overhead on the back of the Lightning Dragon, prompting Zane to quip that those days appear to be coming to an end.
Video Provided On Lego.com
For the transcript of this episode, click here.
- This episode explains how Lord Garmadon got his dark, charred appearance—being struck by lightning.
- This episode's structure is similar to "An Underworldly Takeover," with a Ninja having a conversation with Master Wu that leads to a flashback explaining some of the show's backstory.
- Master Wu's appearance in this episode is based on the "special" Master Wu minifigure available in some early Ninjago sets.
- A kimono similar to the "special" kimono worn by Master Wu and young Garmadon is later worn by the purified Garmadon at the end of "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," albeit with purple accents and silver writing.
- A similar kimono is also worn by Master Wu in Season 10 and Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu, now with the Ninjago alphabet.