|“Take that, exalted Serpentine King, Pythor Chumsworth. That'll teach you not to mess with honesty, dependency, distributives, or fine foods!”|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 5|
|Air date||December 19, 2018|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Peter Egeberg|
Blue Lightning is the fifth short film from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-series based around the ninja and Master Wu, taking place sometime before the tenth season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
As the mural at the Monastery of Spinjitzu progresses, Jay relives good old memories of fighting off the ninja’s old enemy, Pythor P. Chumsworth and his Venomari henchmen. Ah, that was one epic truck/Storm Fighter jet chase that was sure to go down in NINJAGO® history! Jay also discovers a new skill he should probably work on…
Jay stares at the new mural on the wall of the Monastery of Spinjitzu and remembers using his jet. He recalls preventing Pythor from stealing some of Skylor's noodle trucks, and by the time he awakens from his daydream, it's nighttime.
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Pythor P. Chumsworth - Michael Dobson
- Venomari - Michael Adamthwaite
- Wu - Paul Dobson
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- This is the first appearance of Jay's Storm Fighter and Pythor in his original purple form since "Day of the Great Devourer". This is also the first time Pythor appears in TV media since "Day of the Departed" and overall since Pythor's Revenge.
- The Legacy set that appears in this episode is 70668 Jay's Storm Fighter.
- While Nya appears in the set, she is absent in this episode.
- The noodle trucks are the same ones used by Master Chen and repaired by The Mechanic.
- Pythor's appearance in this episode is different from his original appearance. In addition to his Legacy look, he no longer has scales and has smaller red eyes instead of larger pink ones.
- A comic seen at Ninjago Doomsday Comix in "Child's Play" is called "Blue Lightning," though this is likely a coincidence.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.