|“Aspheera! Your eternal greatness! It is I, Char!”|
“Your humble servant! I have served you fiercely and loyally, carrying out your every whim. Your every command!”
|— Char and Aspheera, "Powerless"|
After Aspheera secretly overthrew Mambo the Fifth, Char temporarily became her new servant. When Aspheera planned to rename Ninjago after her rule, Char mistook her name and was angrily corrected by her. Seconds later, a young Wu and Garmadon came in to stop Aspheera's rule. Char watches the two defeat her with the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu.
After Aspheera was defeated, Char and the Pyro Vipers eventually died off and their bodies were placed in a sarcophagus.
When Aspheera was looking for one of the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu, she released Char from his sarcophagus. Char thanked her that she came to the Ninjago Museum of History for him, but Aspheera said that she only wants the Forbidden Scroll, not him and that she only wanted him to help her find the scroll. Char agrees and they both leave to find the scroll.
When searching for the Forbidden Scroll, he and Aspheera run into the Ninja. Once Char informs Aspheera that the Scroll is right in front of her, both the Pyro Vipers and the Ninja fight for the scroll. However, when the Forbidden Scroll rolled right next to Char, he tried to pick it up but was pushed away by Aspheera, who picked up the scroll.
While the Pyro Vipers continued to attack Ninjago City, Char asks Aspheera if she wants to conquer the city, but Aspheera says that she only wants revenge on the "Treacherous Deceiver," and plans to use the power of the Forbidden Scroll to banish the deceiver to a forsaken place. Char questions Aspheera how will she find him, instead of answering, Aspheera tells the Fire Fang to lead her to the deceiver. Once the Fire Fang has the scent, Char watches Aspheera get on top of the Fire Fang's throne and leave.
Never Trust a Human (Flashback)
Char and other Pyro Vipers attack the Monastery. Once they break the temple's doors, Char commands the Pyro Vipers to find Wu. They weren't able to find him, and Char complains to Aspheera that they searched everywhere and they should stop searching. Aspheera shoots fire at him but he dodges, hitting the dartboard instead. Thus showing the elevator to the Underground Base. Once they both noticed, Char presses the button and waits for the elevator to open. However, the elevator wouldn't open since Aspheera eradicated the button when she shot fire at it.
When the Pyro Vipers tried to break down the Underground Base doors, Aspheera used her magic and slammed him to the doors.
When the Pyro Vipers continued to break down the Underground Base doors, Char made an explosion noise each time an Elemental Cobra ran to the doors but stopped when Aspheera looked at him.
Once the doors were broken down, Aspheera was surprised to find out that the Ninja were gone. She asks what sort of trick this, with Char responding that it is a "tricky trick." Later she found them when she was alerted by Jay's sneeze. Afterward, P.I.X.A.L. knocked Aspheera away with the Titan Mech, and Char leaves before the battle starts.
He is loyal toward his master, Aspheera. However, Aspheera thinks he is annoying and because of this she sometimes interrupts him. Despite his supposed loyalty, Char didn't hesitate to abandon Aspheera after the odds were stacked against her.
He is the comic relief character of this season, or at least of the Fire Chapter of this season.
- 107. "Powerless"
- 108. "Ancient History"
- 109. "Never Trust a Human" (flashback)
- 110. "Under Siege"
- 111. "The Explorers Club"
- 112. "Vengeance is Mine!"
- The front of his tailpiece spells Fire in Ninjago language, ninjargon.
- He is one of the twelve Serpentine whose name is mentioned in the show, the others being Skales, Skales Jr., Pythor, Arcturus, Clancee, Aspheera, Acidicus, Mambo the Fifth, Raggmunk, Blunck, and Machia.
- He is the only Pyro Viper that doesn't have eyes similar to the Hypnobrai's before being empowered by Fire.
- It is unknown why he possesses a tail, as he is not a Serpentine general as Serpentine generals are usually adorned with a tail.
- His name during development was "Grovel."
- His name is a pun on the word "char," another word for "ash."
- The headpiece of his minifigure is a recolored version of the Pyro Whippers'.
- It's unknown what happened to him after Aspheera's defeat, as he left before Zane froze Aspheera and the other Pyro Vipers that were subsequently captured.
- If he escaped, he may still be loose on Ninjago or may have been captured off-screen.