|“There's only one Master Chen's, Ninjago's number one noodle house.”|
|— Chen in "The Invitation"|
Mr. Chen's Noodle House (also known as Mr. Chen's Noodle Empire) is a restaurant in Ninjago City. It is the number one restaurant in the city and popular among the citizens such as Cole and Dareth. During Chen's ownership of the Noodle House, it was supplied by goods produced in the factory on his personal island which are brought over by the ferry to the mainland.
- 1 History
- 2 LEGO.com description
- 3 Menu
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Eyezor, Chope, and Krait attempted to rob the noodle shop but the ninja quickly thwarted their plans and fended them off. After the villains fled, the ninja found an invitation to the Tournament of Elements outside of the shop.
On the night of the fourth day of the Tournament, the noodle trucks from Chen's Island arrived with the latest shipment of goods. Dareth was visiting the Noodle Shop at the time, expressing outrage that Chen had discontinued the Puffy Potstickers.
Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
On the day of the Ninjago New Year, Ronin visited the Noodle Shop.
Upon discovering that his father was working for the Hands of Time, Kai visited the Noodle Shop to seek advice from Skylor. They were soon joined by Nya, though the siblings soon left after learning the other ninja had discovered the secret base of the Time Twins.
Late in the evening, Jay orders food for himself over the phone, and asks if they have a delivery.
Master Chen’s is the most popular and successful restaurant chain on NINJAGO island. It’s famous for serving the best noodles anywhere. Just the wonderful smell of the delicacies served within is enough to lure people in off the street. What no one knew was that the smiling owner of the chain, Master Chen, was in reality a master criminal and his noodles were made by slave labor. When Skylor took over the family business, she kept the company name, but changed entirely the unethical and illegal way the business was run.
Among things served at the noodle house are:
- The best noodles in Ninjago
- Three ingredient sizzling rice
- Snow pea cuttlefish
- Moo Shu Wu Shu
- Horned wasp eggs
- Fortune cookies
- Egg roll and fried rice
- Puffy Potsticker
- Chen's Hall of Villainy exhibit suggests that the recipe for the noodles "might be Serpentine in origin, or [Chen] was a foodie with a lot of time on his hands." This is also mentioned in The Search for Zane, when Jay theorizes, "Maybe giant snake is the secret ingredient in Chen's noodles."
- It is unknown where the Noodle House now gets their imports from since nobody goes to Chen's Island anymore.
- The Puffy Potsticker is a very popular treat. It was canceled before the Tournament of Elements but was added again when Skylor took over. It was later used to interrogate Ghoultar in "Kingdom Come".
- A delivery man from the Noodle House appears in Jay's "Meet the Ninja" video.