|“Chronosteel is the only metal that can absorb Elemental Energy.”|
|— Wu to the ninja in "The Hatching"|
Chronosteel (alternatively spelled Chrono-Steel) is a very strong substance in the world of Ninjago, with the power to absorb and strip Elemental Power from the Elemental Masters. It was used by Ray and Maya to forge the four Time Blades, allowing for Wu and Garmadon to strip Krux and Acronix's powers over Time. It was also used by Chen to make the Blue Crystal in the Staff of Elements.
- 1 History
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Notable Uses
- 4 Appearances
- 4.1 Sets
- 4.2 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.1 Season 4: Tournament of Elements
- 4.2.2 Ninjago: Decoded
- 4.2.3 Season 7: The Hands of Time
- 4.2.4 Season 9: Hunted
- 4.2.5 Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu
- 4.2.6 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 4.2.7 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 4.2.8 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 4.2.9 Season 13: Master of the Mountain
- 5 See also
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
After the Serpentine War, Ray and Maya created the Time Blades out of Chronosteel in order to strip the traitorous Elemental Masters of Time, Acronix and Krux, of their powers. The plan succeeded and the blades were scattered into the future.
- Power Stripping/Power Absorption - On its own, Chronosteel has the power to drain the power of an Elemental Master, rendering the Master a normal person. It is very powerful when combined with a Blue Crystal, as this allows it to absorb multiple Elements at once. However, if the Chronosteel and Blue Crystal are destroyed, any Elements stolen by them will return to their original Masters.
- The prefix "Chrono-" means time, indicating the use of Chronosteel was to take Acronix and Krux's Time powers, although in the show they stated that Chronosteel could be used to rid any elemental master of their power.
- Chronosteel (in the Time Blades) and Blue Crystal (in the Staff of Elements) appear to hold elemental power differently. Elemental powers are more distinct orbs inside the Blue Crystal, while the elemental energy appears to be evenly dispersed throughout Chronosteel.
- In the original ending concept for The Hands of Time, the twins were going to end up 40 years in the future in "Kryptarium Prison 2.0" which would have had stealth-cloaked Chronosteel walls.