- Not to be confused with the character of the same name.
|“Okay, I'll just call you "Chuck." Look, Chuck, I know you think you're Yang's student, and maybe you were once, but now you're his prisoner. Don't you see? He's not your friend. He's your captor. You gotta shake off his spell. Then, we can stop him. Together. You and me.”|
|— Cole to Chuck, "Day of the Departed"|
At an unknown point in time, "Chuck" was among the students taken under Yang's teachings, with Yang becoming infamous for his strict methods on him. However, when Yang tried to use the Yin Blade on himself, he accidentally cursed the Temple of Airjitzu, transforming himself and his students into ghosts. At some point after that, Yang used the Yin Blade to enslave them to his will.
As the morning came and the curse on Yang's Temple started to take effect on the ninja, he showed himself, revealing the student to be chained up, as he was imprisoned by Yang. The ninja then quickly fled to the entrance, not wanting to suffer the same fate as him and the other students. They manage to reach the entrance, but Cole dropped the scroll mid-way and thus had to go back in to retrieve it, which caused him to turn into a ghost. Fortunately, he escaped the temple before he can meet the same fate as the students.
After Yang's temple was torn out of Ninjago to help construct Djinjago, he and the others left Yang's temple while Yang angrily confronts Nadakhan, claiming domain. However, the latter, unimpressed, promptly ordered Dogshank to shoot water at the students, forcing them to abandon the temple.
Yang later ordered "Chuck" to capture Cole and stand guard over him while he set out to open the Rift of Return; Cole named Chuck during this time and attempted to convince him to help him defeat Yang. The enslaved student proved deaf to Cole's pleas, forcing Cole to defeat him and set out to stop Yang alone. Chuck later joined the others in battling Cole at Yang's command, but proved no match for him and was later freed after Cole overcame Yang. Chuck and the others, as well as Cole then used the Rift of Return to return to human form.
Way of the Departed (non-canon)
- 61. "Wishmasters"
- Way of the Departed (non-canon)
- In Way of the Departed, Chuck's real name turns out to be "Jerahn."
- His nickname is the same as a character in the non-canon "Wu's Teas". This is the third instance of two characters having the same name or nickname, the first three being Cyrus Borg and Cyrus (ghost), Tommy (student) and Tommy (police officer), and Bob (Lost General) and Bob (the Intern).
- Though not appearing in any sets under the name of Chuck, the reused Yang's student character design appears in 70590 Airjitzu Battle Grounds in the form of Chris and Martin.