|“Cloud Kingdom? I know every square inch of Ninjago. There ain't no place called the 'Cloud Kingdom.'”|
The Cloud Kingdom is one of the Sixteen Realms. It is very peaceful, and tranquility flourishes, possibly due to an imbalance in light and darkness. It can be accessed from Ninjago through the Blind Man's Eye, through use of the Realm Crystal, or if the inhabitants are willing to allow someone to enter.
The Ninja were greeted in the Cloud Kingdom by Fenwick, who explained the nature of the world to them and revealed Morro's intentions to them, before imprisoning them with Nimbus. He then enabled Morro and his allies to enter the Cloud Kingdom after being contacted by Bansha, before leading them to the keeping place of the sword. However, Cole's ghostly nature enabled the Ninja to escape and intercept Morro, and they pursued him in an effort to recover the sword. Nimbus briefly interfered with their plans, until Nobu—a monk not aligned with Fenwick's treachery—rewrote Fenwick's scroll of destiny to make him Nimbus' target instead. The ghosts and Ninja then departed the Cloud Kingdom.
While trying to open a portal to the Never-Real, Wu and P.I.X.A.L. concluded the Traveler's Tea was not strong enough. They add more leaves, and instead, opened several portals to different realms.
- 124. "The Kaiju Protocol" (portal)
- Ninjago Possession (non-canon)
- The Cloud Kingdom has three known methods of entry: the Blind Man's Eye, the Realm Crystal, and an unspecified entrance found by Bansha (that she called "the back door") that can be kept open by someone inside the realm itself.
- The kingdom's entrance gate resembles the set version of the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master, appearing in 70736.
- There are flying boats all over the kingdom, which may be a reference to the next season.
- In Season 10, the Cloud Kingdom was temporarily taken by the Oni until they were defeated.