|"While we're stuck waiting, why don't you tell us who's really under there?"
The subject of this article has never been given an official title. If one is given, this template can be removed.
Cole's grandfather was a member of the Alliance; fighting alongside the other Elemental Masters against the serpentine tribes during the first Serpentine War. However, Chen manipulated him during a crucial battle in Birchwood Forest into turning against the other masters and ensuring victory for the Anacondrai, controlling the Master of Earth with Hypnobrai hypnosis.
Pause and Effect (flashback)
During Ray and Maya's explanation to their children, Cole's grandfather is shown with the other Masters despite his betrayal, meaning all animosity between him and the other Masters had ended. He helped battle the Time Twins.
- 40. "Spellbound" (flashback; no lines)
- He uses designs from two LEGO The Lord of the Rings characters: Aragorn's face and Gimli's torso.
- He has the same helmet as the Golden Master.
- Two of the samurai warriors pictured in the Battle for All of Time painting use the same torso as Cole's grandfather.
- In one of the flashbacks in "The Hatching", Wu mistakenly refers to Cole's grandfather as "Metal".
- When asked about how Cole's grandfather fought against the other Elemental Masters, Tommy Andreasen responded that the answer would be in his non-canon novel, Way of the Departed. This came true around a week later, when he released Chapter 9 of the story which mentioned that Chen "cleverly used manipulation, deception, dark magic and the hypnotic powers of the snakes to turn Elemental Masters against each others."
- Regarding his age, Tommy Andreasen stated, "You need to be less than 20 to become a parent. Less than 40 to be a grand parent. A grand parent doesn't need to be an old person."
- He is the only known Master of Earth who is not known to have unlocked the Spinjitzu Burst.
- He is the only known parent in the series who may have outlived their child, as his status is unknown, meaning he could still be alive after Lilly's death.