This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
|“You never should have played with dark magic, boy.”|
|— Yang to Cole in "Day of the Departed"|
Dark Magic, also known as Dark Arts, is the dark counterpart of Magic. Similar to the lighter version of the ability, it is generally associated with purple, but also with green and dark blue, except, as the name suggests, darker and more evil. Clouse, the servant of Chen, is the only confirmed user of Dark Magic, although another possible user could also be Bansha, as she was a sorceress. Master Yang is another user when he used the Yin Blade to open a rift to the Departed Realm, similar to how Clouse opened the portal to the Cursed Realm. According to Mystake, the Oni could manipulate their Destruction to summon a powerful Dark Magic. The other users of Magic cannot possess the Dark version of it unless they learn it from a powerful source.
Spells are what ties up with magic; many of them being written in Clouse's Spell Book. However, the book was burnt by Lloyd as a tribute, and in remembrance, of his father.
- Mystokinesis - The user can manipulate dark magic and create spells and possess objects. In "Spellbound," it was shown to be both offensive and defensive, being that Clouse was able to protect himself from Garmadon. Also can use magic spells to attack or defend (like in "The Corridor of Elders," when Lloyd uses a spell to bring back the spirits of Anacondrai generals).
- Transmogrification - Allows the user to alter the appearance of objects, shown when Clouse transforms some of the training objects in his fight with Garmadon. This is also seen when the Anacondrai warriors transform into Anacondrai by the use of Clouse's Book of Spells.
- Dark Magic Blast - The user can release dark magical energy over a specific target causing great damage or delivering great shock waves of force.
- Dark Magical Beam Emission - Some users of magic can create a potent beam composed of concentrated magical energy.
- Dark Magical Creation - Allows the user to create dark creatures and other dark technology from their own imagination and put it to life under their control.
- Dark Elemental Manipulation - Allows the user to manipulate all the elements/powers/abilities into a strong darker version. Ex. Clouse fighting Jay with his stone mech and using its darkened element with his Dark Magic.
- Dark Magic Animation - Allows the user to animate statues, sculptures, drawings into very powerful dark creatures under their control.
- Wish Granting - Allows the user, usually a Djinn, to grant wishes to another or his/herself by yellow sparks or blasting magical energy ball.
- Realm Travel - As displayed by the Realm Crystal, it has the power to travel through most realms, and some magical rituals allow the user to travel freely through all of the realms.
- Teleportation - This allows to the user to teleport whenever and wherever they desire via magical smoke/dust/mist or teleporting quickly. The Oni are also known to manipulate their Destruction and Dark Magic in a form of black clouds to teleport.
- Shapeshifting - This allows the user to shapeshift into any creature via magical smoke/dust/mist. Garmadon and the Oni are able to use this to shapeshift.
- Dark Magic Enchantment - It allows the user to conjure a powerful spell by chanting in an ancient tongue as demonstrated by Clouse as he repeatedly chants incantations to cast powerful spells.
- Dark Portal Creation - This was seen when Clouse chanted a foreign incantation to open a portal to the Cursed Realm in an attempted to banish Garmadon but ended up being banished there himself by the latter. A user can also open up portals to other realms by use of incantations.
- Resurrection - This allows the user to bring back the dead in the form of re-awakened skeletons.
- Turning into the evil - When touched with a dark magical artifact, it turns the user's appearance and character into evil.
- Oni (using Destruction)
- Yang (with the Yin Blade; formerly)
- Hazza D'ur
- Vangelis (with the Skull of Hazza D'ur; formerly)
Briefly via the Book of Spells
- Wu (used in banishing Garmadon before giving it to Lloyd)
- Garmadon (used in banishing the Anacondrai generals)
- Lloyd Garmadon (used in banishing his father to free the Anacondrai generals' spirits)
- Chope and Kapau (used to transform the Anacondrai warriors into Anacondrai)
Via the Oni Masks
- Harumi (Oni Mask of Hatred)
- Ultra Violet (Oni Mask of Hatred)
- Killow (Oni Mask of Deception)
- Mr. E (Oni Mask of Vengeance)
- Realm of Madness (gave Garmadon extra arms and the strength to wield all four Golden Weapons at once)
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Garmadon could still use dark magic after he was purged of evil, but he wouldn't do so unless necessary.
- In "The Temple on Haunted Hill", Yang seemed to have used dark magic to make water in a picture look real, and he also seemed to have trapped Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane inside the Ethereal Divide.
The images on Dark Magic need to be organized.