- Not to be confused with the elemental essence.
|"Oh, my! Would you look at this mess."|
The darkness (also referred to as the black cloud of destruction) were mystical clouds used by the Oni. These clouds petrify anyone who is not Oni, or of Oni descent, as explained by Garmadon when he told Cole that no mere human could survive the darkness.
- 1 History
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
The darkness would spread throughout Ninjago City with the tentacles petrifying anyone who was captured.
Garmadon & Lloyd run into the clouds to run away from Oni. Soon P.I.X.A.L. dives into the clouds to help them. Meanwhile, trying to save anyone left from the clouds, Cole falls in and the clouds surround him.
- Petrification - The victims of the cloud will go into a deep slumber, while their physical body transforms into a stone-like substance. The victims are seemingly incapable of re-awakening. It's possible for a person to briefly avoid petrification, and if they enter an enclosed space like the cockpit of a car, they will be immune to the effects.
- Weakening - If the victim manages to resist petrification, their energy will slowly deplete and they will begin to weaken. They will also have a hard time breathing - even part-Oni.
- Strong Grip - The black tentacles have a strong grip on people that it grabs on.
- Discomfort - Cole mentioned that when he was taken by the tentacles, it was the "coldest thing he had ever felt."
- 2. "Green and Gold" (pictured)
- According to Tommy Andreasen, the thickness of the fog may have been thick enough to prevented Cole from dying from his fall, as Garmadon was shown to jump into the darkness without a parachute in "Into the Breach."