Over two hundred years ago, Delara became Nadakhan's lover and a member of his crew aboard the Misfortune's Keep. Delara agreed to become Nadakhan's betrothed, both for their relationship and the power Nadakhan would receive by becoming a Djinn King.
However, when she and the rest of the crew participated in a battle again Captain Soto's crew of pirates and their ship, the Destiny's Bounty, her lover was imprisoned within the Teapot of Tyrahn. Nadakhan's crew was then defeated, separated, and marooned across the Sixteen Realms. She died of an unknown cause shortly afterward.
After gaining infinite wishes and driving the ninja, Flintlocke, and Dogshank away, Nadakhan arrived at the Temple of Airjitzu and immediately wished for his lover to be brought back to life. As a result, Delara was resurrected, consequently possessing Nya's body in the process. She was elated at being reunited with her lover, but their reunion would be cut short after Jay crashed the Misfortune's Keep into the Temple of Airjitzu, demolishing the structure and throwing the two of them out onto the courtyard. Enraged at the ninja's insubordination towards her beloved, Delara attempted to stop Jay, only to be thrown aside. Likewise, after Nadakhan turned Lloyd, Cole, Kai, and Zane into gold, she proceeded to celebrate with him until Jay went back on the offensive. However, when Flintlocke shot Nadakhan with the Tiger Widow venom, the latter's magic began to weaken and dissipate; one effect was the loss of Delara's consciousness from Nya's body, to the newly-crowned Djinn King's renewed grief.
After being freed from the Teapot of Tyrahn, Nadakhan, while discovering the many changes in Ninjago during his absence, learned of his lover's fate, much to his grief.
After Nadakhan reunited with the rest of the crew, Flintlocke lamented Delara's passing, with Nadakhan agreeing. This changed when the djinn captain received a newspaper describing the ninja, including Nya, who bore a remarkable resemblance to his former love. As a result, Nadakhan began to view the Ninja of Water as if she was actually a reincarnation of Delara.
In an attempt to have a moment alone with Nya, Nadakhan went on a secret infiltration mission to read the ninja. However, he discovered with annoyance that Nya had, in his view, another "suitor": Jay.
Once Nadakhan faced Nya for the first time, he noted that her attacks reminded him of Delara's fiery spirit. Nya rebuffed his statement by dousing him with her Water powers, but Nadakhan was undeterred.
Upon privately speaking with Nadakhan about their relation concerning Nya, Jay revealed that Nya never was Delara, contrary to what the djinn had thought. After learning of Nadakhan's plan to gain infinite wishes, Jay accused him of having never loved Delara to begin with, to which the djinn reacted negatively.
- 55. "Infamous" (pictured; silhouette)
- 57. "Enkrypted" (pictured)
- 58. "Misfortune Rising" (pictured)
- 64. "The Way Back"
- She strongly resembles Nya. Additionally, she seemed to wear similar attire to Nya's third Samurai X outfit.
- Despite Jay's accusations that Nadakhan only loved her because of what she could give him, this would ultimately be proven false as her resurrection was the first thing he wished for himself, which had nothing to do with defeating his enemies.
- In Nadakhan's photo, Delara's attire resembles Nya's third Samurai X suit, including the collar design also used by Maya.
- Based on her photo appearance, Delara is one of the only human female characters without visible lips or lipstick, another being Edna.
- Nya's alternate face in 70627 Dragon's Forge resembles Delara possessing Nya.
- According to Dan and Kevin Hageman, Nadakhan would still recognize Delara in Nya's post-movie appearance.