The Digiverse is a digital world once accessed by Cyrus Borg. After the Overlord's defeat at the hands of the Golden Ninja, the dark lord became a digitalized version of himself, embedded in the computer system of Borg Industries. Cyrus Borg had created the Digiverse as a means of making a digital world and expanding on technology. To destroy the Digital Overlord, the ninja managed to sneak into the Digiverse and reboot the virus' system, but not in time to stop the Overlord from materializing himself in a new body, as part of his plan to become the Golden Master.
After the Overlord's defeat, Borg Tower was built on the Overlord's resting place. The Overlord somehow got into the Borg Industries' Hard Drive connected to the electrical mainframe of all of New Ninjago City. The Digiverse was used as a home for the Overlord as he planned his revenge to take over Ninjago City. Cyrus Borg eventually learned of the Overlord's presence (but in the process, the Overlord found out about Cyrus' discovery, and kept an intimidating hold on him to keep him quiet) after he had started working on his Digiverse project. Somehow, Borg managed to make four Techno Blades that could reboot the system (and destroy the virus for good).
Cyrus Borg set the ninja up to enter the Digiverse (in a similar fashion to the Digiverse gaming program) to get into the hard drive. He warned the ninja that the Digiverse was the Overlord's home and that he controlled it to a certain extent (only when he was the Digital Virus). Though the Overlord made their task much harder, the ninja realized that they had special powers in the Digiverse, which allowed them to overcome the remaining obstacles. After using their own imaginations, the ninja were finally able to get to the Core of the Digiverse. However, after using their Techno Blades to reboot the system the reboot signal was blocked from the activation port by the Digital Overlord. So the ninja managed to tap into Lloyd's Golden Power that was flowing through the Digiverse and used the Core's light to reflect the signal to each other and around the Overlord to the activation port. This erased the Overlord virus from the Digiverse permanently.
Its appearance is a replica of New Ninjago City, except it is digitalized. It is mainly dark, with all of the structures being outlined in a blue to bluish-green tint. In addition, the structures also have strings of coding that flow to the main source of power/Core (the base of the digital Borg Tower). Organic material, such as people, also have these strings of code, as seen in a close-up shot of Cole's hand.
- 5. "Golden Hour"
- Tommy Andreasen stated in 2018 that his fondest memory working with the Hageman Brothers was a "late-night Saturday heated (but constructive) argument about Cyrus Borg’s intentions and the nature of his Digiverse" and that he thinks they "owe it to the World to tell that story some time."
- In "The Surge," the Digiverse was explained by P.I.X.A.L. to function as a virtual video game world "to take gaming to another level" and players were shown to be operating avatars in realistic simulated worlds while sitting in chairs and wearing headsets. This aspect of the Digiverse was not explored after this, and when the ninja visited it in "Enter the Digiverse," it appeared as more of an unfinished cyberspace and a virtual gaming world.
- The Digiverse is not one of the Sixteen Realms.
- When asked how Zane's consciousness was transported back to Borg Tower after his body's destruction, Tommy Andreasen offered, "Power surge? Like a computer signal or wifi?"
- This is the first virtual world the ninja travel into, the second being Prime Empire in Season 12.
- According to Cyrus Borg in "Level Thirteen," Prime Empire's code is so complex it could overwrite Zane and P.I.X.A.L.'s programming. This implies the Digiverse's code is less complex than Prime Empire, as Zane was able to enter the Digiverse without any negative effects.
- The term "Digiverse" has been used by The Fold in real life as a term synonymous with "internet."
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHc2fuuN9U (video description)