- Not to be confused with the Dragonbone Blade.
Kai discovers the blade in the secret room after hitting a gong in the shop, revealing a secret trapdoor. Wondering what else his father had been working on, he discovers an old Vermillion helmet and realizes that his father is still alive. Before he left, he takes the Dragon Blade.
Ray and Maya explain the concept of summoning the Fusion Dragon to Kai and Nya with the Dragon Blade. Together, they used the dragon to get close to the location of where Ray and Maya stored the Reversal Time Blade within the Boiling Sea. Arriving at the final trial, Nya and Kai use the blade to open the door to the Reversal Time Blade. After retrieving the Reversal Time Blade, the entire area becomes volatile, forcing the two to summon the Fusion Dragon to escape.
After being paused and left behind at the Boiling Sea, the pause effect wore off, causing Kai, Nya, Ray, Maya, and Wu to begin to fall. Nya throws the blade into the air and together they re-create the Fusion Dragon and pick up Wu, Ray, and Maya before they fell into the Boiling Sea.
Kai and Nya used the Dragon Blade to create the Fusion Dragon in order to combat the Iron Doom.
In the set, it consists of two blades, blue and red, joined by a golden connector.
In the episodes, it is made of two dragon-shaped blades, with a golden connector joining them. The connector has two lines, blue and red respectively, indicating which side is for which element.
- Power Mixture: The Dragon Blade can mix both Water and Fire to summon the Fusion Dragon.
- Fighting: The blade can be used for basic fighting.
- Key: It can be used as the key to unlocking the Ancient Library of Hono Mizu, only when the current Masters of Fire and Water are holding it.
- 71. "Secrets Discovered"
- 72. "Pause and Effect"
- 73. "Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea"
- 74. "Lost in Time"
- The blade is necessary for the creation of the Fusion Dragon because, unlike the Hydroelectric Dragon (a combination of Water and Lightning), Fire and Water are naturally uncombinable.
- The blade is made out of an uncommon metal, possibly called "Fusanium".