|Elemental Masters||Elemental Alliance|
|“Today, Ninjago is finally at peace. A great victory. And one we could not have achieved without each of you, the Elemental Masters. Smoke, Metal, Lightning, Shadow, Fire, Water, and Time!”|
|— Wu to Elemental Alliance after the Serpentine War, "The Hatching"|
- 1 History
- 2 Known members
- 3 Allies
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Forty years ago, the Elemental Alliance protected humans from the Serpentine's various attacks across Ninjago after Master Chen sowed conflict between the humans and snakes. Various members of the Alliance, with the help of the Ninjago soldiers, fought a group of Serpentine led by the Anacondrai in Jamanakai Village but were ultimately overpowered by the Serpentine, who were able to seize the village.
Not long after, the Alliance, soldiers, and rice farmers battled the Anacondrai in the Birchwood Forest. Chen used his manipulation tactics, including utilization of Hypnobrai hypnosis, to turn various Elemental Masters, including Master of Earth, against the others. When it seemed the humans had lost the war, Garmadon realized the power of the Sacred Flutes. The Elemental Masters used the flutes' hypnotic abilities to drive the Serpentine underground into five separate tombs, while Arcturus and the rest of the Anacondrai generals were banished to the Cursed Realm.
The Hatching (flashback)
After the members of the Alliance gathered at the Monastery of Spinjitzu and were congratulated by Wu, the Time Twins, Acronix and Krux, betrayed the Alliance, believing their element of Time to be superior. Over the course of a battle in a meadow, the Elemental Masters proved to be no match for the combined powers of the Masters of Time.
Using four blades forged by Ray and Maya from Chronosteel, Wu and Garmadon combated the twins back at the monastery, and the other Elemental Masters were able to restrain the twins long enough for Wu and Garmadon to strip them of their powers with the blades. Wu and Garmadon sent the blades into a temporal vortex, but, unwilling to give up their control over time, the twins managed to break free of the Elemental Masters' grasps long enough to escape into the vortex.
Immediately after the Alliance's victory, Acronix and Krux's future selves appeared in a massive snake mech, intending to change history so that they would be victorious in the Battle for All of Time. Kai and Nya, the future children of Ray and Maya and future Masters of Fire and Water, had sneaked on board the vehicle along with Wu's future self, and they impersonated their parents in order to aid the Elemental Masters in the battle against the twins.
The twins in their mech and with their Vermillion army were able to overpower the Alliance and force Wu to yield, but with the help of the Fusion Dragon and Reversal Time Blade, Kai and Nya were able to correct the timeline once again before chasing the twins' vehicle into the re-opened time vortex. Wu shouted to his past self to find Mystake and administer Obscuritea to the members of the Alliance so the timeline would not be further altered.
- Wu (Master of Creation)
- Garmadon (Master of Destruction)
- Ray (Elemental Master of Fire)
- Maya (Elemental Master of Water)
- Elemental Master of Ice
- Jay's mother (Elemental Master of Lightning)
- Cole's grandfather (Elemental Master of Earth)
- Elemental Master of Shadow
- Elemental Master of Gravity
- Elemental Master of Sound
- Unknown Elemental Master
- Acronix (Elemental Master of Time; betrayed the Elemental Alliance; lost in time)
- Krux (Elemental Master of Time; betrayed the Elemental Alliance; lost in time)
- 40. "Spellbound" (flashback)
- 65. "The Hands of Time" (painting)
- 66. "The Hatching" (flashback)
- 67. "A Time of Traitors" (painting)
- 72. "Pause and Effect" (flashback)
- 74. "Lost in Time"
- In the painting depicting the Battle for All of Time, there are a number of samurai warriors seen alongside the Elemental Alliance, though from what has been shown, they were not present in the battle itself.
- Although Acronix, Krux, and Jay's mother were members of the Alliance during the Serpentine War, they were not seen in the flashback in "Spellbound". This is because their characters had presumably not been invented yet, though the in-universe reason is most likely that they were in another battle at the time.
- Apart from Wu and Garmadon, most members of the alliance were not trained in the ninja arts, but they were very talented warriors.
- Almost all members of the alliance and their allies, except Wu, Acronix and Krux, use existing designs from other themes, but also from LEGO Ninjago. The most common are designs from LEGO The Lord of the Rings theme.
- Cole's grandfather uses Aragorn's face and Gimli's torso.
- Garmadon uses modified face of Lloyd.
- Elemental Master of Gravity uses the same face as Gandalf but in yellow, a multi-colored version of the Roman Soldier and Roman Commander's helmet from the LEGO's Collectible Minifigures theme and some of Kai's ZX torso design.
- Elemental Master of Ice uses the same collar design as Garmadon's Rebooted outfit.
- Unknown Elemental Master's face design is nearly identical to Ash and the design on his legs resembles that of Dareth's outfit.
- The bird design on the torso of Elemental Master of Shadow is based on that of the Egyptian Queen from Minifigures Series 5.
- The design of the undershirt of Elemental Master of Sound resembles Wu's 2012 Minifigure design, which never appeared in the show.
- The torso and legs of Jay's mother resembles the torso and legs of the unknown Elemental Master.
- Ray's original leg design slightly resembles that of Aragorn (Gondor variant) and Boromir and he has the same face design as Kai during Serpentine War, but not in present.
- Maya uses the same collar as Nya and Delara.
- Ninjago soldiers use a recolored version of Gandalf's torso.
- Mystake's torso design is the same as Ginny Weasley's from 4840 The Burrow and Hermione Granger's from 10217 Diagon Alley in LEGO's Harry Potter theme.