Endings is the fourth and final episode of the tenth season of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and the 98th episode overall. It aired in New Zealand on February 9, 2019, the United States on April 19, 2019 as a film, and Canada on April 27, 2019.
The ninja race back to the Monastery of Spinjitzu. This is the last stand. The final battle against the Oni is now. Will their joined Spinjitzu powers defeat the Oni for good, or tear apart Ninjago itself?
Extended: At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, everyone is preparing for the final battle. Kai recreates the Four Golden Weapons which is their last hope in defeating the Oni. Flying in on the Earth Driller, Cole reunites with the ninja to master the weapons. Lloyd gets the idea to form the powerful Tornado of Creation. Side by side, all unite around the plan to conjure their Spinjitzu tornado, including Lord Garmadon. And one by one, the Tornado grows into the Tornado of Creation. In an epic moment, Creation and Destruction balances out - and all turns white. In a heavenly state, Lloyd has a profound moment with the maker himself: the First Spinjitzu Master. Everything turns to normal, and the balance is restored once again.
Now in better condition, Faith tells the story of how the Oni suddenly returned to the Realm of Oni and Dragons, and the Dragon Hunters were unable to fight back, forcing Faith and Firstbourne to flee to Ninjago. Wu and Misako try encouraging Faith that it was best for her to flee than fight. Moments later, the ninja return, informing Wu that Cole is gone and the Realm Crystal's destruction did not stop the Oni. Garmadon then arrives, telling Wu to use the Golden Master's armor to stop the Oni. Nya proposes that Kai uses his element to reforge the Golden Weapons, which he promptly does. After distributing the weapons, the monks warn of the Oni's arrival at the monastery.
In Ninjago City, Cole awakens, having survived the fall from the Bounty. He manages to remotely activate and drive the Earth Driller to his location and bears the brunt of the Oni darkness to make his way to the vehicle. At the monastery, the ninja, Wu, Faith, and Lord Garmadon unite to hold off the Omega's Oni legions. A battle begins outside the monastery, with the Oni steadily overwhelming the ninja and their allies until Cole returns in the Earth Driller. Overjoyed by his return, the ninja gain a second wind and continue the battle. Unfortunately, the powers of the Golden Weapons are still not enough to stop the Oni; even the Omega manages to beat down both Garmadon (briefly in his temporary Oni form) and Lloyd, taunting the former of his desire to regain his humanity. Realizing they are losing the fight, Lloyd drags his father up the steps and urges his allies to retreat within the monastery.
As the gates are sealed, Jay finally asks Nya to be his Yang, as Kai and Cole criticize him for his timing. She excitedly agrees to his request, much to the others' delight. Lloyd looks at the Ninjago history mural and proposes that they reignite the Tornado of Creation to condemn the Oni. Despite Lloyd's pleas, Garmadon refuses to help them, though the tornado requires them to be united. With their combined Spinjitzu, Wu and the ninja ignite the tornado after the Oni break through the gates. Despite his hesitance and after seeing a painting of Lloyd getting wiped by one of the Oni tentacles, Garmadon ultimately does Spinjitzu and completes the Tornado of Creation—which vanquishes the Omega and his army of Oni.
In a dreamlike state, Lloyd awakens and is greeted by the First Spinjitzu Master in a grassland. He thanks Lloyd for his continued efforts to save Ninjago, and offers him a choice—to come with him to a secretive place, or continue to protect Ninjago. Lloyd seems to decline the former offer.
The ninja are then shown waking up from their state of unconsciousness inflicted by the Tornado of Creation, except for Lloyd, who has been crushed by falling debris. The First Spinjitzu Master sends a petal from the grassland, which floats over Lloyd and brings him back to Ninjago, much to the joy and relief of his friends. Lloyd attempts to tell them that he met the First Spinjitzu Master, but they believe that his brain is simply addled from being hurt.
Meanwhile, Ninjago, the Realm of Oni and Dragons, and their inhabitants had been purified from the darkness. While everyone is celebrating, Garmadon leaves the monastery while Wu bids his brother farewell.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Faith - Kathleen Barr
- First Spinjitzu Master - Jim Conrad
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- The Omega - Zach LeBlanc
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Iron Baron (painting)
- Harumi (painting)
- Colossus (painting)
- Ray (painting)
- Maya (painting)
- Acronix (painting)
- Krux (painting)
- Clouse (painting)
- Nadakhan (painting)
- Morro (painting)
- Soul Archer (painting)
- Ghoultar (painting)
- Chen (painting)
- Tox (painting)
- Skales (painting)
- Neuro (painting)
- Bolobo (painting)
- Gravis (painting)
- Ash (painting)
- The Overlord (painting)
- Min-Droid (painting)
- Cryptor (painting)
- Pythor (painting)
- Giant Stone Warrior (painting)
- Kozu (painting)
- Acidicus (painting)
- Fangtom (painting)
- Skalidor (painting)
- Samukai (painting)
- Kruncha (painting)
- Nuckal (painting)
- Fire Dragon (flashback)
- Ice Dragon (flashback)
- Stormbringer (flashback)
- Golden Dragon
- Great Devourer (painting)
- The Preeminent (painting)
- Ultra Dragon (painting)
- Oni's invasion
- Fall of Ninjago (painting)
- Alternate timeline (painting)
- Ghost invasion (painting)
- Second Serpentine War (painting)
- Nindroid crisis (painting)
- The Final Battle (painting)
- Attack of the Great Devourer (painting)
- Golden Armor/Golden Weapons/Mega Weapon (Mega Weapon; painting)
- Oni weapons
- Karlof's metal fists
- Dragon Armor (painting)
- Dragonbone Blade (painting)
- Oni Mask of Hatred (painting)
- Time Blades (painting)
- Djinn Blade (painting)
- Realm Crystal (mentioned)
- Deepstone (painting)
- Soul Archer's bow (painting)
- Aeroblades (painting)
- Anacondrai Blades (painting)
- Artificial limbs (painting)
- Techno Blades (painting)
- Underworld helmet (painting)
- Serpentine Staffs (painting)
- Earth Driller
- Iron Doom (painting)
- Misfortune's Keep (painting)
- Blade Cycle (painting)
- Storm Glider (painting)
- Snowmobile (painting)
- Tread Assault (painting)
- Samurai Mech (painting)
- Destiny's Bounty (painting)
- Ninjago (realm)
- Realm of Oni and Dragons
- Djinns (painting)
- Ghosts (painting)
- Oni/Dragon/Human hybrids
- Serpentine (painting)
- Shadows (painting)
- Skulkin (painting)
- Stone Warriors (painting)
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Bragi Schut stated that this episode was one of his favorite episodes to write.
- By counting the two pilot episodes, this is the 100th episode of Ninjago ever produced. "Day of the Departed" is not considered an episode by the writers, but if it was counted this would be the 101st.
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- This is the last episode to be animated and produced by WILFilm ApS.
- This is the final episode of the Oni Trilogy that began with Sons of Garmadon and continued throughout Hunted and March of the Oni.
- This episode is also the last to be 22-minutes in length and the last to be released under the Masters of Spinjitzu subtitle.
- This episode's title may be a reference to these facts.
- The first scene of this episode, where Faith explains what happens in the Realm of Oni and Dragons, appears in "The Darkness Comes" when March of the Oni aired in the US as a TV movie.
- The writing at the end of the episode is "The End" written in Ninjargon.
- According to Wikipedia, "In Ancient Chinese philosophy, yin and yang is a concept of dualism, describing how obviously opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another." Besides Jay and Nya's relationship, the relations between the Oni and the Dragon and the balance between good and evil are all related to Yin and Yang.
- An original idea for the ending had Garmadon flying away on Firstbourne with the four Golden Weapons to create a new realm as the First Spinjitzu Master had done.
- The scene when Lloyd meets the First Spinjitzu Master is similar to the scene when Harry Potter meets Albus Dumbledore in J. K. Rowling's novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as they are both scenes in which the main protagonist meets a deceased person and are given a choice to come with them or not.
- The scene in which Cole makes his way out of Borg Tower for the Earth Driller is similar to the scene when Batman dives into the Cloudburst to repair the Batmobile in Rocksteady's game, Batman: Arkham Knight, as they are both scenes in which the protagonist is forced to enter a city covered in dangerous clouds in an attempt to reach the safety of their vehicles.
- The Golden Weapons were reforged in this episode. They take on their appearances from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-movies and Legacy sets.
- The First Spinjitzu Master appears in this episode, marking the first time he has appeared in the series outside of flashbacks.
- Wu and Garmadon's Spinjitzu tornadoes are shown for the first time since the post-Sons of Garmadon animation style was implemented.
- This is the fifth episode where a ninja is believed to be dead (in this case, Lloyd), the others being "The Titanium Ninja" (Zane), "Day of the Departed" (Cole), "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago" (Lloyd), "The Fall" (Cole), and "Vengeance is Mine!" (Zane).
- Thus, this is second episode in which Lloyd is believed to be dead, the first being "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago."
- Cole is seen using his Earth Punch for the first time since "Firstbourne."
- The Tornado of Creation makes an appearance for the first time since "Day of the Great Devourer," this time including Lloyd, Nya, Wu, and Garmadon.
- Jay finally asks Nya to be his Yang, and she accepts.
- After the battle with the Oni, the ninja celebrate their victory and teamwork in the battle and add a new mural to the wall of the Monastery of Spinjitzu.
- The Omega states Garmadon internally yearns to be human again to understand those around him.
- Garmadon goes off on his own after the battle. His whereabouts are currently unknown.
- It is unknown if the Oni were destroyed or banished.
- Skylor, Karlof, Ronin, the Postman, Dareth, Cyrus Borg, Gayle Gossip, Daddy No Legs, and Jet Jack make cameo appearances throughout the episode, most only at the end.
- Kai wears the blacksmith outfit which he wore in "Way of the Ninja" when reforging the Golden Weapons.
- Garmadon's full Oni form makes its debut. It is possible that was why he called Lloyd "part" Oni compared to himself when he is also part Oni.
- The Kai and Nya family theme, which was used prominently throughout The Hands of Time and was reprised in the previous episode, makes its return when Kai reforges the Golden Weapons.
- The music that plays when Wu says "goodbye" to Garmadon is "Always A Need For A Ninja," which was also used in "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master" after Garmadon was purified of evil, making a connection between the two scenes.
- This episode marks Faith's first speaking appearance since "Lessons for a Master." Although she appears in "The Darkness Comes," she does not speak.
- The Golden Armor has weakened to the point that Kai is able to touch it without expiring.
- This is the second time Lloyd is called "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon," the first being "Never Trust a Snake."
- The panning shot of the ninja reacting to Lloyd's apparent death is very similar to the shot of the ninja reacting to Nya's death in "The Way Back."
- When Jay proposes to Nya, Garmadon is close behind her. However, when Nya accepts Jay's proposal, Garmadon is nowhere to be seen. Yet, when everyone looks back at the doors the Oni are pounding on, Garmadon is next to Nya again.
- Garmadon is still credited as "Emperor Garmadon" in the credits, despite no longer having control over Ninjago City.
- When the ninja run out of the monastery, Kai is seen in his blacksmith suit, but a few shots later, it disappears.
- When Cole is looking out the window for his drill in Ninjago City, one shot shows him without eyebrows.
- In the shot directly after Lloyd wakes up, Jay and Nya's Yin-Yang medallions are not on their chests. This is corrected by the next time they are seen from the front.
- During the mural scene at the end of the episode, Faith is shown wearing her hat, but later on, she is shown without her hat.
- In the shot where the ninja are staring down the Oni, Lloyd has his sword, which he is not meant to have in this episode. It later reappears before he forms his Spinjitzu tornado, but then mysteriously disappears after that too.
- When the Oni arrive, Kai takes the Scythe of Quakes but does not have the Sword of Fire. When the ninja are preparing to battle, Kai has his sword and Nya has the scythe.
- Nya says that she is unable to use the Scythe of Quakes due to her not being a Master of Earth. However, other characters, like Wu, Garmadon, Samukai, and Kai were able to use the other Golden Weapons despite not being an Elemental Master of the Weapons' respective elements.
- When the ninja yell, "Ninja-go!", Wu is seen yelling it as well, but his voice is not heard.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.
- On Demand
- Wikipedia:Yin and yang