|Golden Dragon||Energy Dragon||Morro's dragon|
When the remaining Elemental Masters of the Tournament of Elements and Garmadon were thrown out of Chen's blimp, there are not enough parachutes for all of the people, so Lloyd conjured his Energy Dragon so that his father can have the last parachute at the end and land safely a little time later.
Later on, Chen and his army leave to conquer Ninjago as Lloyd volunteered to go alone as he the only one with a dragon. However, he learns that is not the case when both Zane and Kai appear on dragons telling everyone to overcome their fears to summon a dragon.
With this good news, Lloyd jumps out of Chen's Palace and activates his dragon with the rest of the Elemental Masters. Lloyd carries his father on his dragon to return to Ninjago to stop Chen and his army from conquering it.
Lloyd chases after a noodle truck on his Energy Dragon, but he becomes too afraid of what actions have caused for many innocent people, making his dragon disappear, and causing him to fall to the ground.
Lloyd and the other ninja rode their Elemental Dragons to the Ninjago City Hospital.
Lloyd rode his Elemental Dragon to the Monastery of Spinjitzu.
In an attempt to find the mainland, Lloyd uses his Energy Dragon to search the vast ocean away from Tiger Widow Island. In the end, even he cannot sustain the energy for an extensive time and barely manages to return to the island with the remaining stranded ninja.
Lloyd decided to take the attacking Vermillion on, during their assault on the Temple of Airjitzu. To do so, he rode his dragon to the surface. After a little while, Machia sends out warriors with gliders to take him on in the sky. They overwhelm him and cause him to lose focus and his dragon.
Also known as the Energy Dragon, the Green Dragon is not a physical creature, but rather a reflection of Lloyd's emotions. Whenever Lloyd gives in to fear, the dragon disappears. The amount of concentration needed to maintain its existence means that the dragon can only fly short distances.
Place Green Ninja Lloyd on the saddle, grab the chain reins and launch into the air. Flap the Green NRG Dragon's huge wings to fly high and attack the sky pirates' lookout tower with its snapping mouth and dangerous talons. Swerve through the air to avoid shots from the pirates' mobile catapult and fire back with the stud shooters in the dragon's tail. Team up with Ghost Cole to triumph over Battle Doubloon and his crewmates and claim the Djinn Blade!
- This is the third dragon Lloyd has used in the series, following the Ultra Dragon and the Golden Dragon.
- It seems that the Energy Dragon is a weakened version of Lloyd's Golden Dragon, manifesting through his innate Energy powers rather than the Golden Power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Notably, the dragon still retains golden elements on its body, such as gold-colored whiskers and an occasional transparent gold sheen on its wings, and its head is also similar to that of the Golden Dragon.
- Other Elemental Masters get their own Elemental Dragons as well, and Lloyd sees the Golden Dragon again in "Endings," this time used by the First Spinjitzu Master. Seeing as the Golden Dragon is a power and technique rather than the same sentient being, it would make sense that the Golden Dragon seen in the Grasslands is the First Spinjitzu Master's Golden Dragon while the Energy Dragon is what Lloyd's Golden Dragon became after Lloyd lost his Golden Power.
- While Lloyd was possessed by Morro, his dragon became a corrupted version of itself.
- The "NRG" in the dragon's set name, "The Green NRG Dragon," references the ninja's NRG variants from 2012.