|“Actions have consequences.”|
|Season 6, Episode 3|
|Air date|| January 9, 2016 (Asia)|
June 23, 2016 (US)
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Jens Møller|
"Public Enemy Number One"
Falsely imprisoned, the Ninja are at their lowest point, but they find an unlikely friend in an old enemy.
The Ninja are in Kryptarium Prison, escorted by Warden Noble and locked in shackles made of Vengestone to prevent them from using their elements and Cole's ghost abilities. They immediately attract the attention of the enemies they imprisoned and the Mechanic, a man with a cybernetic arm and former employee of Master Chen, who wants spare parts from Zane. Dareth later visits them and informs them that the Realm Crystal has been stolen and that he baked a cake for them with tools inside, only to realize that Cole, due to his habit, has eaten it. With no other way of helping them, Dareth leaves them.
They soon have lunch and Captain Soto overhears them talking about a Djinn, especially Nadakhan. He tells them how they can only defeat them using the venom of the Tiger Widow on Tiger Widow Island, however, the Ninja have a fight with the other inmates until the guards break them up before Soto has a chance to tell them the location of The Tiger Widow Island. Soon, the Mechanic and some other inmates come to the Ninja. Cole calls him a fourth tier bad guy, which starts a food fight. During the fight, the Mechanic and two other prisoners capture Zane to take him apart. As the others fight they realize both Zane and the Mechanic are missing. Before the Mechanic could take out anything, P.I.X.A.L. shot out bolts of electricity, causing the Mechanic to go flying. Zane joins the others only to be sent to the "Hole" with his friends for starting the food fight. Soto quickly tells Lloyd to help break him out if he wants to know where the map is before noticing his the fork that he has been using for a peg leg is missing.
After rounding up his crew, Nadakhan and the Sky Pirates had a party until they decide to visit Djinjago, however, the place is breaking up since the Cursed Realm, its sister counterpart, has been destroyed. Nadakhan's father gives him a Djinn Blade, telling him that it can trap one's soul. He also asks Nadakhan to avenge Djinjago. Nadakhan leaves his home world with his pirate crew.
Meanwhile, the Ninja are sitting together in the "Hole" in Kryptarium, put there by Warden Noble for starting a tussle during lunchtime. Lloyd uses Soto's fork that he took during the food fight to untie himself and frees his friends with his Golden Power. As their elemental powers are back, they manage to escape, taking Captain Soto with them, who is now using a trumpet for a peg leg, alerting the guards. After they got out of the prison through the sewers, Soto tells them that the map with the location of the Tiger Widow Island is on a lantern, but the lantern is situated on board of Nadakhan's ship, Misfortune's Keep. Soto also states that Nya is a spitting image of someone he knows, but does not tell who.
In the meantime, the pirates keep repairing the ship. After Clancee brings a newspaper and coconuts to Nadakhan, the latter sees a picture of Nya on the front page of the newspaper and compares it with one he has of Dilara. Flintlocke tells Nadakhan that the restorations are going just as planned and that Misfortune's Keep will fly soon.
- Clancee - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dareth - Alan Marriott
- Dogshank - Nicole Oliver
- Doubloon - Vincent Tong
- Flintlocke - Paul Dobson
- Guard #1 - Michael Antonakos
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Khanjikhan - Michael Antonakos
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Lunch Server - Brent Miller
- Lunch Lady - Jillian Michaels
- Monkey Wretch - Ian James Corlett
- Nadakhan - Scott McNeil
- Noble - Paul Dobson
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Soto - Alan Marriott
- The Mechanic - Michael Antonakos
- Wyplash - Michael Adamthwaite
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The title is a pun on "encrypted" and "Kryptarium."
- The music played in the background of the Misfortune crew's song is reused several times in the next episode as the main pirates theme.
- This also marks the second time Pirates have sung in the series. The first was when Captain Soto's crew sung an incoherent song in "pirate language" in the flashback of the season two episode, "Pirates Vs. Ninja."
- This episode reveals vengestone prevents a ghost's ability to phase.
- The lantern Nadakhan holds at the end of the episode is the lantern with the map to Tiger Widow Island.
- The episode marks the first appearance of Wyplash in the television series, though he had appeared prior in two of the mini-movies.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Khanjikhan and the Mechanic. Their voice actor, Michael Antonakos, also joins the voice cast.
- This is the only episode where Michael Antonakos voices the Mechanic
- The events of this episode were soon erased due to Jay's final wish.
- Unlike all the other prisoners, who wear grey undershirts, the Ninja's undershirts in their uniforms are their respective ninja colors
- Lloyd: Green
- Kai: Red
- Jay: Blue
- Zane: White
- Cole: Black
- Nya: Crimson