|“Even in the darkness, we have the choice to reflect the light.”|
|— Zane to the ninja, after turning gold|
|"Enter the Digiverse"|
|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air date||July 13, 2014 (US)|
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Peter Hausner|
"The Curse of the Golden Master"
Enter the Digiverse is the fifth episode of the third season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and is the 31st episode overall. It first premiered on July 13, 2014, on the United States on Cartoon Network.
Pythor the Anachondrai and his Nindroids have captured Lloyd and are draining his golden powers to bring the Overlord back into Ninjago. And the Ninja must use the Techno Blades in a daring rescue ... inside the Overlord's corrupted hard drive.
At Borg Tower, Cyrus Borg and P.I.X.A.L. are hard at work on creating a way for the ninja to use the Techno Blades and reboot the system remotely. However, they are interrupted by the savage citizens (led by the Postman), who are furious that Borg has been keeping P.I.X.A.L.'s power for himself.
Heading back inside the Borg Tower, Cyrus Borg tells the ninja that they are able to reboot the Overlord virus by going inside the Digiverse, but can still get hurt inside it. They were once again attacked by the citizens, only for them to see the Overlord started to drain Lloyd of his Golden Power. The people convinced that the ninja were trying to help them, go and fight the invading Nindroids.
Meanwhile, the ninja are sent to the Digiverse, where they must use their imagination to find ways to reach the reboot station. They realize all the codings flow towards the reboot station. Knowing they can't get hurt if they concentrate enough, they jump down the tower. However, due to Kai's unconfidence, his friends had to encourage him to jump.
At the Borg Tower, Nya, Cyrus, and P.I.X.A.L. were attacked by the Overlord, who found the ninja in the Digiverse. He made it so that the platform they are standing on acts as quicksand. The Postman reported they were outnumbered, meaning the Nindroids were able to enter the Tower. P.I.X.A.L. was able to save the ninja by temporarily overwriting the corrupted code, also mentioning that they must reboot the system before the Overlord can do any more damage.
The Overlord tells the ninja that the Digiverse is his world before tilting the whole city upside down. The ninja were able to go inside the Tower, giving them another perspective of their mission.
Back at Borg Tower, Techno Wu, the Nindroids, and Pythor arrive, greeted by Nya and her Samurai Mech. As Nya keeps the Nindroids busy, Techno Wu and Pythor went inside the computer room to attack Cyrus Borg and P.I.X.A.L.
Back inside the Digiverse, the ninja use their vehicles to travel up the Tower, but Kai, still unconfident, has to ride with Zane.
Meanwhile, P.I.X.A.L. has to protect the ninja by attacking Techno Wu and Pythor. Cyrus Borg is then kidnapped, leaving P.I.X.A.L. alone with the duo.
The ninja manage to find the reboot station, but before they can reboot the Overlord virus, they encountered the Digital Overlord. He blocked the circuit, only for the ninja to try and move him.
P.I.X.A.L., still fighting Pythor and Techno Wu, accidentally pushed the latter towards a button to shut off the power. As Wu is about to press the button, Master Garmadon arrived and throws him off the building. Pythor reminded him of his oath of peace, but he replied saying after he took his son, he would do anything to get him back. Pythor retreated on a copter, but Garmadon found Wu on a post. He jumped out of the Tower to fight Wu.
The Digital Overlord tells the ninja that he's more powerful than them thanks to the Golden Power, but Zane complies, telling the ninja that if they can't move him, then go around him. As Zane gains the Golden Power, he encouraged the ninja to do the same so they can reflect the light around the Overlord. However, Kai is uncertain if he can do the same and that the Digiverse is the Overlord's world, not theirs. After realizing he can do it, he completes the system, rebooting the virus.
Meanwhile, Garmadon falls off the post but is saved by Wu, who was now free of his corruption. The Nindroids have retreated so Nya went to gather with the others to celebrate their victory. As the ninja came back from the Digiverse, Garmadon reminded them of Lloyd.
Lloyd tries to escape the Nindroid MechDragon before it explodes. He jumps off just in time, plunging into the water below him. He found a village and informed the others of his location. Zane assured P.I.X.A.L. that they'll find Cyrus and stop Pythor.
Back at the MechDragon at the bottom of the ocean, the Overlord climbs out of the debris, telling himself he is free from the Digiverse.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Computer and Voice - Vincent Tong
- Cryptor - Richard Newman
- Cyrus Borg - Lee Tockar
- Garmadon - Mark Oliver
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Postman - Michael Adamthwaite
- Pythor P. Chumsworth - Michael Dobson
- The Overlord - Scott McNeil
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- This is the first episode in the series in which Spinjitzu is not performed.
- This is the only episode where Kai, Cole, Jay and Zane use Golden Power.
- When Zane turns golden, the music from the Temple of Light scene from "Island of Darkness" is used.
- This is the last episode in which Evil Wu makes an appearance, having been freed from his corruption following the rebooting of the system.
- This episode's title may be a reference to the Bruce Lee film, "Enter the Dragon".
- This episode has five exclusive ninja uniform designs, these being the four Golden Techno ninja and the purified Techno Wu version of Wu's white kimono.
- Kai and Zane would later have versions of their golden forms released in a 2017 Bricktober pack and 2020 accessory set respectively.
- After the ninja purged the Digiverse of the Overlord's presence, part of the soundtrack, "What Powered Zane", was played. The full version of the track was played in the season finale, "The Titanium Ninja", and the track's title and video (see below) is clearly about the latter episode, so it can be assumed it was composed for that episode and was later chosen to be used for "Enter the Digiverse" as well.
- The title card labels the episode simply as "Digiverse", though the narrator Wu still says "Enter the Digiverse".
- While the Postman's group is in Borg Tower, two more characters who did not enter with them are added to the group.
- Pythor referenced Garmadon's oath even though he never even knew about it.
For the gallery of this episode, click here.