|“We appear to be trapped within some sort of inter-dimensional ethereal realm!”|
The Ethereal Divide (or the Ethereal Realm) is the space between the Sixteen Realms.
Little to nothing is known about the Ethereal Divide, and it is unknown if it ever had a beginning, or will have an end.
As the Ninja were trying to escape the Temple of Airjitzu, they opened a door and almost fell into the Ethereal Divide. Fearing what might lurk in its depths, they quickly pulled themselves up back into the Temple.
- 93. "Lessons for a Master"
- 113. "A Cold Goodbye"
- Apparently, the color of the Ethereal Divide depends on which realm a person travels to, because when the Ninja traveled to Ninjago, it is a brown and green color and when the Ninja traveled to the Never-Realm, it is white.
- The Ethereal Realm is a direct reference to the Dungeons & Dragons location known as the Ethereal Plane, which connects all the planes of existence, which are similar to Ninjago's realms. It is described as being a land of fog, which seems similar to the little we see of the Ethereal Realm.
- It is possible that the Ethereal Divide stretches on for eternity since it has no shape or form.
- It is unknown how it fits into the concept of Outer Space.