- Not to be confused with the episode of the same name.
|“Once you reach 10,000 hours of certified exploration, notify us, and we shall begin the multi-year process of examining your applications.”|
|— Cecil Putnam to Zane, Lloyd, and Nya in "The Explorers Club"|
The Explorers Club is a strict members-only club consisting of archaeologists managed by Cecil Putnam.
To get into the club, someone must have ten thousand hours of certified exploration time. Then, they can send in an application and it will take years for the members to examine it.
When a member ends up missing, their membership is either suspended or revoked pending survival, and personal effects are sent to family members.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Visitors
- 4 Artifacts
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Prior to Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
At least ten years before Oni Invasion, the Explorers Club was founded, where archaeologists could apply and become members of the club. At one point, Misako and Clutch Powers became members of the club.
When Lloyd, Nya, and Zane learned from Clutch Powers that the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu is in the club's archives, they immediately went there. Meanwhile, Smythe and Underhill listened to Percy Shippelton's adventures. The ninja wanted to take the scroll, but Cecil Putnam told them that only club members had access to the archive. When Zane unsuccessfully disguised himself as Clutch Powers with his cloak, they decided to break into the club. When they fell into the club's main room and were covered as maintenance workers, club members put on security guards. However, the ninja managed to break into the archive and find a scroll. However, they broke two terrariums with dangerous insects, which attacked club members after they left.
Prior to The Island
Shortly after the return of the ninja and Wu from Shintaro, Misako organized a mission to confirm his theory of an uncharted island and navigate the Storm Belt, and went with her friend Wu, fellow archaeologist Clutch Powers, and his interns to explore the island. However, their expedition was mysteriously lost and the Explorers Club was forced to cancel the membership of all members of the expedition.
After the expedition led by Misako was lost in the storm belt, Cecil Putnam visited the Monastery of Spinjitzu to hand over items emptied from her club locker to her family, because according to the club's rules, the membership of a member who is lost somewhere must be canceled.
- Cecil Putnam (manager)
- Percy Shippelton
- 3 unnamed security guards
- Clutch Powers (suspended)
- Clutch Powers' interns
- Misako Montgomery Garmadon (cancelled)
- Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu (formerly, stolen by Lloyd, Zane, and Nya and later destroyed by Zane)
- Mirror of Fears
- Chest Vortex
- A dinosaur fossil
- A rubber chicken (formerly, sucked into Chest Vortex)
- A mummy hand
- Amulet of Protection
- Scroll of Confusion
- Scroll of Dancing Monkeys
- 111. "The Explorers Club"
- They store artifacts in their main building in Ninjago City.
- The club requires 10,000 hours of exploring. This is equivalent to about 416.67 full days or 1.14 years.
- The logo of the club resembles a compass.
- Each club member has their research stuff stored in the building.
- Ironically, the only two members who have physical minifigures, Clutch Powers and Misako, currently have suspended membership.