|“Well, it says here, once they unite, they can find the Four Silver Fangblades that will unleash the Great Devourer, an evil that will consume all of the land, turning day into night.”|
|— Zane to Cole in "Can of Worms"|
They are needed to summon the Great Devourer, which was said to consume all of Ninjago when awakened. The Fangblades were created from the Devourer's teeth, and are thus nearly indestructible—only the magma of Torchfire Mountain is hot enough to destroy them.
- 1 History
- 2 Locations
- 3 LEGO.com descriptions
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Pythor's ultimate goal was to find the Fangblades and awaken the Great Devourer as a means of avenging the Serpentine's imprisonment by the ancient people of Ninjago. However, the only clue to the Fangblades' location was a cryptic riddle: When the five fangs unite as one, the path to unleashing the Great Devourer has begun.
To this end, Pythor released the other four tribes (with the help of the unwitting Lloyd Garmadon) and united them under his own leadership by defeating the Serpentine Generals in a Slither Pit. However, the map he sought did not reveal itself, prompting the Anacondrai to furiously ponder the riddle in his tribe's new underground lair. A chance scuffle between Acidicus and Skalidor provided the answer—"the five fangs" did not refer to the Serpentine tribes, but the General's Serpentine Staffs. When Pythor placed all five staffs together on a pedestal, their antivenoms dripped and mixed together—when parchment was immersed in the puddle, a map to the four Fangblades was created.
The Serpentine found the first Fangblade at Mega Monster Amusement Park.
The Serpentine traveled to the pyramid for the second Fangblade. Due to its excessive traps, they had Lloyd get in turn for his freedom. However, it turned out that the Fangblade had been recovered already, thus Pythor decided that Lloyd should remain a captive.
Later, Mezmo and Snike found a poster, and Mezmo discovered it was the Fangblade, but put in a Blade Cup. They told the Serpentine, and so they signed up for the audition as the Trebble Makers. However the Ninja won the Blade Cup, yet Pythor managed to steal it.
After the Serpentine uncovered a Fangblade at the Fire Temple, the Ninja fought them. However, Kai struck the Fangblade off Pythor's grasp, and it almost falls in the lava. Kai chose to save Lloyd over the Fangblade, and it made its way back into the Serpentines' possession.
Despite the Ninjas' best efforts, the Serpentine managed to gather all four Fangblades, keeping them under heavy guard in their underground fortress. However, the arrival of Lloyd—now the Green Ninja—and an attack by Lord Garmadon's Skulkin army allowed the Ninja to steal all of the Fangblades and make preparations to destroy them.
Unfortunately for the Ninja, Pythor snuck aboard their ship and reclaimed the Fangblades before they could be destroyed. After a furious chase between the full forces of the Ninja and the Serpentine Train, Pythor managed to reach the city of Ouroboros, where he placed the Fangblades in a statue of the Great Devourer. Upon doing so, the statue leaked venom into the Slither Pit and fell apart, allowing the Great Devourer to burst from its prison.
It is unknown what happened to three of the Fangblades after the Great Devourer was awakened and destroyed.
While Garmadon is fighting Clouse in Chen's palace, the Blade Cup is seen in the background, containing a Fangblade.
Shortly thereafter, Ronin obtained the Blade Cup and put it up for sale in his pawnshop in Stiix. Cole came across it and was dismayed to find it there, and when the Ninja later broke in, Cole decided to return it to his father, the rightful owner.
The locations of the four Fangblades are as follows:
- Hypnobrai: Mega Monster Amusement Park ("Once Bitten, Twice Shy")
- Fangpyre: Fire Temple ("The Green Ninja")
- Constrictai: The Blade Cup; formerly at the pyramid ("The Royal Blacksmiths")
- Venomari: Unknown location; Pythor traveled underground to avoid the Ninjas' notice—by the time they located him, he was too far away for them to stop him. Instead, the Ninja infiltrated the Serpentine's fortress in hopes of stealing the other three Fangblades (in "All of Nothing").
Rise of the Snakes
One of the four tribal silver fang blades that, when combined, will unleash the Great Devourer.[link unavailable]
Rise of the Snakes (2017 Museum gallery)
Ancient weapons of the Serpentine; the Fangblades were created using the teeth of the Great Devourer. Whoever possesses all four can summon that terrible serpent. In an effort to do just that, Pythor launched a search for the weapons. He used the anti-venom contained in all five snake staffs to create a map to the blades. Pythor retrieved all four Fangblades and used them to bring the Great Devourer back. The first was found in the Cursed Tomb Ride, the second was built into the Blade Cup and used as an award at the NINJAGO talent show, the third was located in the Fire Temple and the location of the fourth was unknown to the ninja. Only Pythor had the map…
- 9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle (Venomari)
- 9448 Samurai Mech (Constrictai)
- 9449 Ultra Sonic Raider (Fangpyre)
- 9450 Epic Dragon Battle (Hypnobrai)
- 70679 The Ultra Dragon (Fangpyre; Legacy)
- 8. "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" (Hypnobrai)
- 9. "The Royal Blacksmiths" (Constrictai)
- 10. "The Green Ninja" (Fangpyre)
- 11. "All of Nothing"
- 12. "The Rise of the Great Devourer"
- 41. "The Forgotten Element" (Constrictai)
- 47. "Stiix and Stones" (Constrictai)
- 102. "The Belly of the Beast" (Constrictai)
- LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- In the Portuguese-translated shows, its name translates as "Tooth Daggers."
- Following the events of the Great Devourer's attack, the locations of the four Fangblades are unknown.
- They're made from the original teeth of the Great Devourer. However, in the Character Encyclopedia, it is said that they are made from pure silver and anti-venom vials.
- The book also says that they are extremely powerful. It is unknown if it is referring to the great consequences that followed their unification or if they have other hidden powers.
- In "All of Nothing", Skales says, "tomorrow we will return the blades to Ouroboros." This indicates the blades originate from Ouroboros or were previously located there at some point.
- They are similar to the Time Blades. Both are collectibles of a season and have four variations, they share the same set of colors (albeit only in the sets in the Constrictai Fangblade's case), and they both were united to utilize a great Serpentine entity.
- The gems and blades glow with a colored aura—green, red, blue, and gray—corresponding to the colors of the four main Serpentine tribes. However, in the sets, the Constrictai Fangblade has an orange gem.
- This is the last "collectibles" until the Djinn Blade not to primarily belong to the ninja in the sets or TV series.
The images on Fangblades need to be organized.