Fenwick was the master writer of Cloud Kingdom.
In charge of writing several destinies for Ninjago, Fenwick came into contact with Morro and the Preeminent, who threatened to curse the Sixteen Realms but needed to arrange for Morro's escape into Ninjago. Fearing for his life, Fenwick bartered with the two, eventually coming upon an agreement—in exchange for ensuring Morro's escape from the Cursed Realm by prophecy, his life would be spared.
When the ninja arrived at Cloud Kingdom seeking the Sword of Sanctuary, Fenwick greeted them, pretending not to be the head writer. He showed them through the main hall, explaining how they wrote destinies for the people of Ninjago. He then took them on a boat ride where he explained of the realms and The Preeminent before locking them in the lair of Nimbus. Fenwick then returned to the main hall and welcomed Morro to the Cloud Kingdom. He was quickly approached by Nobu about the ninja, though reassured the writer that his destiny was now secure, Fenwick was later chased away by Nimbus after Nobu changed his destiny. It is unknown what happens to him after, as whether he was either eaten by Nimbus, locked away, escaped or got banished from the Cloud Kingdom for his actions is currently unclear.
Fenwick appears to be a somewhat elderly man, with gray hair, brown eyebrows, and some wrinkles.
While Fenwick outwardly presents himself as calm, contained, and even a bit wise. He has proven to be very manipulative and values his own life over everyone else's, this was seen as he trapped the ninja and made a deal with Morro for his own safety.
When his machinations turned against him, Fenwick was reduced to running in terror from his deserved punishment, after Nobu wrote his destiny after finding out.
Abilities and weapons
As a writer of destiny he was capable of changing the variables in other people's lives that are out of their control. Whether he is still capable of doing so after betraying the ninja and all of the realms parallel to Ninjago is questionable.
- 50. "Kingdom Come"
- 3. "Legendary Places"
- It's implied on LEGO.com that the reason Morro was able to defy his destiny to remain cursed was due to Fenwick's intervention, by rewriting his destiny.
- He has the same hairpiece as Roman Emperor from Minifigures Series 9 but without the laurel wreath.
- Fenwick is the opposite of Hutchins. While the ninja are suspicious of Hutchins, he is actually protecting the Royal House. The ninja see Fenwick an ally at first, while he is actually betraying the Cloud Kingdom.
- He has a similar face design to Chuck from Wu's Teas. This design was previously used on Cole's grandfather and originates from Aragorn, a LEGO The Lord of the Rings character, though Fenwick and Chuck lack the facial hair seen on Aragorn and Cole's grandfather.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Fenwick is probably over 10,000 years old.