|“Why must we go through this again? I'm clearly the best. I mean, look at me!”|
|"Flight of the Dragon Ninja"|
|Season Mini-Movies, Episode 2|
|Air date||Fall 2011|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Peter Dodd|
"Secrets of the Blacksmith"
"The New Masters of Spinjitzu"
At the Monastery, Jay is trying to convince the ninja that he was the best out of them all after having won in a race with their dragons beforehand. They decide to hold another race, although Zane objects, claiming they should be training instead. Kai assures him that riding their dragons is a form of training.
They head out on their dragons, and Cole sets the terms of the race, telling them that whoever wins the race will be Dragon Master for a month. Kai and Zane get into a bit of a scuffle on their Dragons before Zane takes the lead. Cole and Jay speed through the Forest of Tranquility below, attempting to dodge the trees until the Earth Dragon smashes into one, snapping it in half and continuing on. The group approaches the "finish line" but Cole speeds across by dangling a roasted chicken on a rope in front of Rocky's nose. Cole lands first, but Kai tells him they'll beat him the next day. Cole protests that they agreed the winner would be Dragon Master for a month, but Zane claims not to recall ever agreeing to that.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Postman - Michael Adamthwaite
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- This episode was included in the Ninjago menu on the LEGO Club DVD included in the November–December issue of LEGO Club Magazine.
- The Postman makes his first appearance in this episode.
- Jay has the least number of lines in this episode.
- The roasted chicken Cole used as a bribe may have been from Creatures Beasts & Beyond, a shop where Cole got a liver-and-toad flavored chicken in "Home," for his dragon, Rocky.
- The ending of this episode is similar to a scene toward the end of "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", in which Kai reminds the ninja of their bet that whoever figured out Samurai X's identity first would be the Green Ninja, and the other ninja deny agreeing to this.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.