|“That would be unwise. We have reasons to believe that these games are potentially hazardous, and advising all to—”|
|— Zane, to Gayle Gossip before being interrupted|
|"Gayle Gossip: A Closer Look"|
|Season 12, Episode Mini 6|
|Air date||April 21, 2020|
|Written by|| Alisha Brophy|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?"
Youtube: Everyone in NINJAGO City is talking about the new craze, the arcade game Prime Empire. But the popular reporter, Gayle Gossip, critically examines the darker side of this popular trend. Rumor has it that players are disappearing... Where are they? And why hasn’t its legendary programmer, Milton Dyer, been seen for 20 years? What dark secrets will Gayle uncover once she starts scratching the surface? Watch, but proceed with caution…
LEGO.com: Everyone in NINJAGO® City is talking about the new craze, the arcade game Prime Empire. But the popular reporter, Gayle Gossip, critically examines the darker side of this popular trend. Rumor has it that players are disappearing... Where are they? And why hasn’t its legendary programmer, Milton Dyer, been seen for 20 years? What dark secrets will Gayle uncover once she starts scratching the surface? Watch, but proceed with caution…
Cartoon Network Asia: Gayle Gossip investigates the Prime Empire phenomenon in a special news report.
Gayle Gossip stands outside of Benny's Arcade Emporium with Vinny, making a news report about the newly revealed video game, Prime Empire. She explains that although it has taken Ninjago by storm, its story is suspicious when looking deeper.
An old commercial for Prime Empire plays, stating that it is an all new gaming experience. Eight whole bits of graphics, and locations such as the Temple of Madness and others.
Gossip says that the commercial had never before been aired to the public and that the reason Prime Empire was not on the market was not disclosed yet. She talks about Milton Dyer being a legend in his field and having produced a considerable selection of video games. She suggests that because something happened in Vast Industries, the game could never release. Also, she speculates that Dyer did not want to talk about the incident, so he avoided the public. She asks her viewers why Prime Empire had to be released now.
Next, Gossip interviews people in line at the Arcade about opinions on Prime Empire. She starts with Lil' Nelson, who says it is the best game in history and you cannot get off of it. Benny says that he had never saw an arcade like this since Prime Empire was released, emphasizing the long line outside his store. He tells the viewers that everyone come to his arcade and have fun. However, Zane interrupts, saying that the Prime Empire video game is dangerous. Benny interrupts back and continues to tell Gossip that everyone should come down to his arcade. After suggesting there is a deeper truth, Gossip says that she went to the source—Prime Empire.
She enters the Arcade, and talks about how everyone is having fun and if the game will reach its eventual end. Nelson is on the side playing Prime Empire. The short ends with Gossip ending her news report and Nelson disappearing into the video game.
- Benny - Andrew Francis
- Commercial Narration - Clay St. Thomas
- Game Voice - Mark Hildreth
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- Lil' Nelson - David Reynolds
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Prime Empire (pixelated)
- Narrator: Gayle Gossip
- Vinny, Antonia, Sammy, Leroy, Wu's Chicken, Milton Dyer, Sushimi, the Red Visors, and Okino also appear in this short but don't speak.
- It is revealed that Lil' Nelson's mother has gotten in with the game but disappeared sometime before this short. Lil' Nelson has no idea where she went and ironically has no concern for this incident.
- Lil' Nelson himself disappears into the Prime Empire video game at the end of this short.
- Lil' Nelson is credited as Little Nelson.
- Benny is also credited as Arcade Owner.
- Despite not being an actual episode, this is the third time where Zane is the only Ninja to appear in an episode, the first being "The Kaiju Protocol" albeit only in a picture, and the second being "Corruption."
- This is the only Prime Empire Original Short where Jay does not appear.
- This marks Milton Dyer, Benny, and Sushimi's first appearance.
- Scenes from this short were used in the the Inside the Game intro.
- Lil' Nelson mentioning Prime Empire and Roise is David Reynolds' favorite scene where he voices him.
- Leroy is shown in this short despite being trapped in Prime Empire in "Dyer Island," an episode that takes place before this short.
- Zane can be seen right next to Gayle Gossip in the beginning of the short. However, in the next scene, he isn't.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.
- ↑ https://www.cartoonnetworkasia.com/videos/ninjago-masters-of-spinjitzu-gayle-gossip--a-closer-look
- ↑ https://twitter.com/david_raynolds/status/1266551116465967104