- 1 History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Behind the scenes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Between A Big Splash and Unsinkable
After being tasked to reawaken Wojira by Kalmaar, Glutinous spent his time at the Temple of Wojira to create replicas of the Storm Amulet while trying to study on the Wave Amulet. However, while using the replicas of the Storm Amulet, he ended up failing to awaken Wojira.
When a Maaray Guard handed out a broken Storm Amulet replica to Glutinous, he realized that the replica burned out like the ones before it. After Kalmaar began to get tired of Glutinous' failed attempts, Glutinous tried to explained to him that he needed more time. Kalmaar, however, yelled at him to try again, so he did, but failed when the Storm Amulet replica broke.
When Nya and Maya broke free, they enter the room Glutinous and two Maaray Guards were in. Glutinous looks around, he sees a tower and climbs up it. After Nya and Maya leave, Gripe tells Glutinous to release the Ripper Sharks so they can go after Nya and Maya.
After Kalmaar gets mad at Gripe for releasing the Ripper Sharks, Glutinous tells Kalmaar that the Hydro Bounty was repaired. When Kalmaar doesn't hurt Glutinous, he soon realized that the ninja are smarter than he thought.
Glutinous swims up to the palace and speaks to Kalmaar and Gripe, saying that the storm belt is the location of the Island of the Keepers where the Storm Amulet might be. Gripe points out that there is nothing in the storm belt but Glutinous says that they must go and Kalmaar agrees. They then travel to the island.
Glutinous is in the Temple of Wojira, when Kalmaar returns with the Storm Amulet. The scientist is concerned and implores Kalmaar to run more tests, but his patience is thin and the two insert the amulet onto the serpent’s head. Not long after witnessing this did Glutinous begin to realise that this was a terrible mistake. Glutinous travelled all the way to Ninjago City and turned himself into the Ninjago City Police. From there, he was able to warn the Ninja of Kalmaar and Wojira’s imminent arrival.
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm"
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City" (mentioned)
- 79. Sea Monsters!
Behind the scenes
- He is the seventh cyborg character in Ninjago, preceded by Cyrus Borg, Techno Wu, the Mechanic, Iron Baron, Daddy No Legs, and Arkade.
- His name means "sticky."
- Glutinous' physical minifigure has him holding a magnifying glass, where his render in the show has the magnifier attached to his leg implants.
- His minifigure uses a unique torso that features extra detail. However, his torso uses in the show is just the standard Maaray Guard torso, albeit with a gold left arm.
- His artificial limbs are very similar to Daddy No Legs', and to a lesser extent, Cyrus Borg's.
- They are also able to swim similarly to a squid's tentacles.
- His appearance and body movements are very similar to Char's, as is his personality, that being of a somewhat nervous underling to a harsher main antagonist.
- Several characters could not remember his name, so they called him various other similar-sounding words. The Commissioner called him "Gelatin," while Jay called him "Globby" and "Gloopy."
- He and Clancee are similar in that both are nervous underlings who eventually defect from their leaders and help the ninja.
- Glutinous apparently has a liking for coffee, as seen when he was drinking cups of coffee (including the Commissioner's cup).
- According to Tommy Andreasen, there may be a story regarding Glutinous' whereabouts during Kalmaar's assault on Ninjago City.