|"That's not what happened at all!"
This topic is considered non-canon because of creator statements.
|“I only hope they awake soon, but until that day I must remain strong. Defend them tirelessly and hope that the time of the ninja is soon at hand, and the world will awake anew, and time again will have a name.”|
|— A dragon keeper|
|Season Mini-series, Episode 1|
|Air date||April 23, 2021|
|Written by||Chris Wyatt and Kevin Burke|
This NINJAGO LEGACY short is about a samurai warrior fighting a dragon!
Who is this unknown warrior, and what does he fight for?
Has his dragon opponent been protecting something all along?
We’ll have to wait and find out in the next Ninjago Reimagined short episode coming next Friday!
A samurai warrior walks through a dark area while a voice monologues about the events that had previously occurred. The warrior uses a hook to climb up a mountain, but is ambushed by a dragon. He fights the dragon and is able to defeat it. The samurai slowly approaches golden statues of the ninja at the top. The dragon, however, comes back and stabs the samurai with its golden tail, causing him to fall off (only to catch himself), and then turns into a statue. It's then revealed that the dragon was the narrator, and the dragon mentions how enemy forces will continue to release attacks, but he cannot yield, as he must protect his masters until they awaken. A crack then appears on the golden statue of a ninja.
- Dragon keeper - Unknown
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The day before this short's release, Tommy Andreasen tweeted a video of the title card and the phrase, "... tomorrow ..."
- When asked what this short was meant to reimagine, Tommy Andreasen said, "It is what Ninjago could have been if we were in a different mood when we conceived it."
- Judging by their weapons, the golden statue of the ninja appear to be in this order: Nya, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Zane, and Cole.
- They appear to be in their Legacy uniforms.
- Kai, Zane, Jay and Cole are wielding their respective Golden Weapons.
- The dragon's head mold is very similar to Flame's. This may be the appearance of the actual dragon, as Flame appears in his to-be-released set, much like the Prototype X-1, which is set to appear in another mini-movie, according to the series' trailer.
- The samurai warrior wears a belt very similar to the one that Epic Battle Jay wears.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, a version with credits will also be available.
- The ninja's appearance in the episode may be a nod to, or the reason for the 10th Anniversary Golden Ninja in the sets.
- The setting of this short appears to take place in a post-apocalyptic future version of Ninjago.
- Some of the structures seen in the post-apocalyptic Ninjago include Borg Tower, Mega Monster Amusement Park, Garmadon's Corridor of Elders statue, and the Iron Doom.
- Several of the dragon's lines refer to lines from previous episodes:
- "When time had a name" is an altered form of "before time had a name"; refering to a statement from many previous episodes, such as "Rise of the Snakes" or "The Oni and the Dragon."
- "Stood up those who are cruel and unjust" refers to Cole's promise to his mother.
- "Protect those who cannot protect themselves" refers to Zane's line from many episodes.
- "I have to endure" refers to Lloyd's line from Hunted.
- Although this is not the fault of the episode itself, the LEGO description describes the samurai warrior as the central character, although in reality it is the dragon keeper. This may have just been an attempt to mislead the viewer.