The Great Devourer's venom is a substance produced from the Great Devourer's fangs that has peculiar effects on almost everything it touches.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Appareances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
As a child, Garmadon was bitten by the small garden snake that would eventually become known as the Great Devourer. This caused Garmadon to fall ill for a period of time, and which he lashed out his father and refused his father's help.
Effects over time
Though Garmadon recovered from his visible illness, the venom remained and corrupted him over the course of many years. Seeking a darker path, Garmadon trained under Chen for some time. Though Chen convinced him to take immoral actions such as signing Wu's love letter to Misako as his own, Garmadon's love for Misako overcame the draw of the evil in his blood, and he left Chen to fight on the side of good with his brother and the Elemental Alliance in the Serpentine War.
Decades later, the venom was in full effect. Still living with his brother in the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Garmadon attempted to steal the Golden Weapons. A battle between the brothers broke out, resulting in Garmadon's banishment to the Underworld.
When the Great Devourer was destroyed by Garmadon, it exploded and the city was drenched in its venom.
When Lloyd defeated the Overlord and in doing so relinquished the Overlord's possession Garmadon's body, Lloyd's Golden Power was also able to purge the venom from Garmadon entirely, and Misako remarked how "Every ounce of evil and venom is gone."
The Art of the Silent Fist (flashback)
The moment where Wu was standing in the Great Devourer's venom is seen when the Overlord attempted to dig through Wu's memory.
Saving Faith (flashback)
When Wu electrocuted, he regained all of his memories including where Garmadon was bitten by the Great Devourer and where Wu was standing in the Great Devourer's venom.
The venom is a thick green liquid, sometimes emanating steam.
If the Great Devourer bites someone, the venom gradually dominates the victim's body whole and turns the being evil. The effect makes the victims' eyes turn red. The venom can also revive stone statues and has an unpleasant smell.
- 28. "The Art of the Silent Fist" (flashback)
- 92. "Saving Faith" (flashback)
- It would appear that the venom does not affect living beings unless injected beneath the skin. The city was drenched in venom after the Devourer was killed in "Day of the Great Devourer" and Wu and the ninja stood in it with no averse affects, and the venom had no affect on Skales when it hit his arm in "The Day Ninjago Stood Still."
- The venom's abilities may have come from the the Overlord infecting the Great Devourer with the Darkness.
- It was revealed in "The Curse of the Golden Master" that Pythor did not die when he was eaten by the Devourer and that the Devourer's stomach acid turned his scales from purple to white. According to Pythor, Wu "escaped unscathed," because according to Tommy Andreasen, he "must have been more resiliant."
- Though Wu's description in "Tick Tock" made it seem that the venom introduced evil into its victim's bodies, this is not the case. Rather, the venom amplified the negative qualities that are already there. Specifically, it amplified Garmadon's Destruction.