|“Miss home, huh? Go on then. Go home!”|
|— Lloyd, bidding farewell to the Ultra Dragon|
|"Green and Gold"|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 2|
|Air date||December 19, 2018|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Benjamin Brokop|
"The Weekend Drill"
Green and Gold is the second short film from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-series based around the Ninja and Master Wu, taking place sometime before the tenth season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
Lloyd is the focus ninja of this episode.
One day, while on Lloyd and "Ultra" are on patrol, they spot some members of the Venomari Tribe attacking a local village, setting the houses on fire and stealing their food. Lloyd jumps off of Ultra's back and summons his Golden Dragon, and the two split up to defeat the Serpentine more effectively. Lloyd and Ultra foil the attack and fly back into the air. When Lloyd is about to jump back on the Ultra Dragon, it disappears in the clouds, and Lloyd follows it to the Spirit Coves. There, Lloyd notices that Ultra is homesick. He tells Ultra to return to the Realm of Oni and Dragons. Ultra then flies out of the Cove and opens a portal to its home realm. The mini-movie ends with the Ultra Dragon flying with the other dragons, including Firstbourne.
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The dream sequence in this episode takes place between the events of seasons two and three, as Lloyd mentions that the Venomari were "defeated by the Stone Warriors," implying that the Serpentine were gone/missing by this point.
- There's a song called Green and Gold written by Lianne La Havas.
- The petals seen at the beginning of the episode are the same petals used to bring Lloyd back to Ninjago in "Endings."
- This short marks several reappearances:
- The first appearance of the Spirit Coves. The episode also confirms that the Spirit Coves are real, as Wu was unsure of their existence.
- The first time the Golden Dragon is seen since "Blackout."
- The first time the Ultra Dragon is seen alive since "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master" (excluding its non-canon appearance in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin).
- The first time Lasha is seen since "The Curse of the Golden Master."
- The first time Spitta is seen since "The Day Ninjago Stood Still."
- The Legacy sets that appear in this episode are 70679 The Ultra Dragon, 70666 The Golden Dragon, and 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu. In addition, this is the only episode that has three Legacy sets.
- While Wu, Pythor, and Garmadon appear in 70679 The Ultra Dragon, they do not appear in this episode.
- While the Overlord and a Stone Scout appear in 70666 The Golden Dragon, they do not appear in this episode.
- While Wu, all the other ninja, and Wyplash appear in 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu, they do not appear in this episode.
- When the Ultra Dragon zapped Spitta after attacking the village, Spitta briefly turned into Wyplash, playing as a cartoon trope of a character’s skeleton showing while being electrocuted.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.