|“Miss home, huh? Go on then. Go home!”|
|— Lloyd, bidding farewell to Ultra Dragon|
|"Green and Gold"|
|Season Mini-Series, Episode 2|
|Air date||December 19, 2018|
|Written by||Tommy Andreasen|
|Directed by||Benjamin Brokop|
"The Weekend Drill"
Green and Gold is the second short film from the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu mini-series based around the Ninja and Master Wu, taking place sometime before the tenth season of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
Lloyd is the focus Ninja of this episode.
One day, while on Lloyd and "Ultra" are on patrol, they spy some members of the Venomari Tribe attacking a village. Lloyd jumps off of Ultra's back and summons his Golden Dragon, the two splitting up to more effectively defeat the Serpentine. Lloyd and Ultra foil the attack, and fly back into the air. Ultra Dragon disappears in the clouds, and Lloyd follows it to the Spirit Coves. There, Lloyd notices that Ultra is homesick. He gives Ultra permission to return to the Realm of Oni and Dragons. Ultra then flies out of the Cove and opens a portal to its home realm. The mini-movie ends with the Ultra Dragon flying with the other dragons, Firstbourne included.
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The episode takes place between the events of seasons two and three, as Lloyd mentions that the Venomari were "defeated by the Stone Warriors," implying that the Serpentine were gone/missing by this point.
- This short marks several reappearances:
- The first appearance of the Spirit Coves. The episode also confirms that the Spirit Coves are real, as Wu was unsure of their existence.
- The first time the Golden Dragon is seen since "Blackout."
- The first time the Ultra Dragon is seen alive since "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master."
- The first time Lasha is seen since "The Curse of the Golden Master."
- The first time Spitta is seen since "The Day Ninjago Stood Still."
- The Legacy sets that appear in this episode are 70679 The Ultra Dragon, 70666 The Golden Dragon, and 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu. In addition, this is the only episode that has three Legacy sets.
- When the Ultra Dragon zapped Spitta after attacking the village, Spitta briefly turned into Wyplash.