This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
Grief-Bringer (referred to as Meef-Bringer by the Munce) was a dragon that lived in the Dungeons of Shintaro. He once menaced the Geckles and Munce until he was killed by a hero from beyond the mountain. Many years later, he was resurrected by Vangelis in the hopes of disrupting the truce meeting between the Geckles and Munce and instill fear in them. However, he was killed yet again when the Skull of Hazza D'ur was destroyed by Cole.
- 1 History
- 2 LEGO.com description
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
The Two Blades (flashback)
Years later, the Skull of Hazza D'ur informed Vangelis of an impending truce meeting between the Munce and the Geckles. The two agreed to bring the bones of Grief-Bringer back to life to interrupt the meeting and keep them in fear of his rule.
The resurrected dragon did just that and accompanied by an army of Re-Awakened, forcing the Geckles, Munce, and the ninja to flee. Zane and Lloyd tried to hold the dragon while the others escaped. Zane made an ice wall to shield everyone from the dragon's green magic. Grief-Bringer began to overwhelm the Ninja of Ice, but Lloyd powered up an attack that destroyed the dragon. However, the magic from the Skull of Hazza D'ur brings the dragon back to life once more.
The Geckles, Munce, and ninja escaped to the Geckle Strong-Cave. Grief-Bringer proceeded to try and bring the door of the cave down by ramming into it repeatedly. When the ninja surrendered, Grief-Bringer accompanied the Re-Awakened back to the Skull Keep.
Vangelis taunted the captured ninja and informed them of his intention to have Grief-Bringer destroy them in front of the enslaved workers to affirm his rule over them. A chamber was constructed to house the beast. When came the time for the ninja's execution, an Awakened Warrior goes to open the gate but it was destroyed by Cole before the gate could be opened.
As a fight ensued to free the ninja and the workers, Grief-Bringer used his breath to melt the gate to free itself.
The dragon joined the fight and attacked Cole, before being instructed to attack the workers, ninja, and the Upply. When the Winged Guards of Shintaro arrived to aid the heroes, Wu and Chompy targeted the beast.
When the Skull of Hazza D'ur is destroyed by Cole, Grief-Bringer is reduced to bones once again, just as he is about to collide with Chompy.
Join Hero Kai, Hero Jay and Hero Nya in an exciting fight against the terrifying Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon inside the Dungeons of Shintaro. Beware of the dragon dropping a toxic ball of bones and spiders! Don’t get hit when it fires its shooters! It is imperative that the team of ninjas defeat this powerful creature and escape the clutches of the evil Skull Sorcerer.
Grief-Bringer looked like any other dragon, but he was made out of bones with glowing green eyes. Grief-Bringer had a lime-green orb hidden in his ribcage.
Powers and Abilities
Despite being made out of bones, Grief-Bringer had the same abilities as any other dragon. He spewed an unknown green substance as his way of attacking, wielding incredible strength, and could soar into the air at insane speeds. He was very hard to defeat and if he was, he was quickly rebuilt due to the powers of the Skull of Hazza D'ur.
- 148. "The Two Blades" (flashback)
- 149. "Queen of the Munce" (pictured)
- 150. "Trial By Mino" (pictured)
- 155. "Grief-Bringer"
- 156. "Masters Never Quit" (vision)
- 157. "The Darkest Hour"
- 159. "The Upply Strike Back!"
- 160. "The Son of Lilly"
- 68. Ninja Legend! (flashback)
- He's the seventh villainous dragon to appear in the series. The first six being the Nindroid MechDragon, Morro Dragon, Ghost Dragons, Boreal, the Empire Dragon, and the Red Dragon.
- He's the second villainous dragon that doesn't have the word "dragon" in his name, the first being Boreal.
- According to Bragi Schut, he never considered Grief-Bringer as venomous, but the question hasn't been explored yet.
- He is similar to Wojira.
- They terrorized the place they lived (Dungeons of Shintaro and the Endless Sea) but were defeated by a female Elemental Master (Lilly and Nyad) using a higher-level ability (Spinjitzu Burst and merging with the sea).
- Many years later, they were reawakened by a non-human main antagonist (Vangelis and Kalmaar) using ancient artifact (Skull of Hazza D'ur and Amulets of Wojira) to terrorize those who lived there.
- They get defeated again by a ninja (Cole and Nya) who used the same higher-level ability to destroy the source of their power (Skull of Hazza D'ur and the Wave Amulet).
The images on Grief-Bringer need to be organized.